- About Us
- Pharm.D (PB)
- PG Diploma
- Anti Ragging Committee
- Grievance Redressal Committee
- Institutional Animals Ethics Committee
- Institutional Human Ethics Committee
- Institutional Research Advisory Committee
- Sexual Harassment Cell
- Institutional Pharmaceutical Society
- Class Representatives
- Institutional Library Committee
- Student Lady Representatives
Name: Dr. Balamuralidhara V.
Present Designation: Assistant Professor
Fax : 0821-2548359
|2013||Ph.D||JSS University, Mysore||Awarded|
|2003||M. Pharm||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore||First|
|2000||B. Pharm||Bangalore University, Bangalore||First|
Highest qualification: Ph.D
Area of interest: Drug Delivery, Regulatory Affairs
|1st Aug 2003||5th May 2005||Rural college of pharmacy, Devanahalli||1 years 10 months|
|6th May 2005||Till date||J.S.S .College of Pharmacy, Mysore||8 years|
|Under Graduate||Post Graduate|
|07 months||>9 years||>5 years|
Conference/ seminar attended
Member of professional bodies
|Name of the Professional body||Registration No.||Registration Date|
|Karnataka State Pharmacy Council||33759||18th September 2008|
|Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI)||KA/LM-768||01st May 2007|
Nominated/Appointed/Fellowship of Professional Academic Bodies
Nominated as Special invitee of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI) [2008-11]
- P.M. Dandagi, A.P.Gadad,F.V. Manvi & Mastholimath., Balamuralidhara,. Microencapsulation of Verapamil HCl by ionotropic gelation technique. Ind. J. Pharm. Sci., 2004; 631-35
- Gangadharappa H.V., Balamuralidhara V., and T.M. Pramod Kumar. Formulation and in vitro Evaluation of Gastric Floating Tablets of Atenolol. Journal of Pharmacy Research, 2010.
- Kumar M. Sujith, N. Vishal Gupta, V. Balamuralidhara, Biswas Srirupa, Pramod Kumar T.M., I. Naga Krishna Teja, Compilation of key GMP requirements in US and Japan for Tablet Manufacturing, International Journal of Drug Development and Research, 2011, 3(4), 45-54.
- Gangadharappa H.V, Srirupa Biswas, Pramod Kumar T.M, Sai Sathavahana. C, Balamuralidhara V. Floating Hollow Microspheres as Gastroretentive Drug Delivery System for Rosiglitazone Maleate. International journal of pharmaceutical innovations .Volume 1, Issue 3, July-Aug 2011.
- I. Naga Krishna Teja, N. Vishal Gupta, V. Balamuralidhara, Biswas Srirupa, Pramod Kumar T.M., Kumar M. Sujith, Compilation of key GMP requirements in India and EU for tablet manufacturing companies, Journal of pharmaceutical and biomedical sciences, 2011, 11, 1-6.
- Patel Henal, Sudeendra Bhat R., Balamuralidhara V* and Pramod Kumar T.M, Comparison of Stability Testing Requirements of ICH with other International Regulatory Agencies, Pharma Times, 2011, Vol. 43 - No. 09 - September
- Balamuralidhar V, Srujana N., Pillai Anoop, Valluru Ravi, T.M. Pramod Kumar, A Comparative Study of Quality Control Tests for in-process and finished Pharmaceutical Irrigation Products according to IP, BP, USP, JP and European Pharmacopoeia, Pharma Times, 2012, Vol. 44 - No. 05 - May 2012.19-24
- Anoop Pillai S.*, Balamuralidhar V., Pramodkumar T.M., Pooja M.B., Malady of Clinical Trials in India, Pharma Times, Vol. 44 - No. 12 - December 2012.page no.16-20.
- N. Srujana, Venkata Nitin Chilukuri, Valluru Ravi, Balamuralidhara.V*, Pramodkumar. T.M, Comparative Study of In-Process and Finished Product Quality Control Test’s Of IP, BP, USP, EP, JP for Parenterals, American Journal of PharmTech Research, 2012; 2(3).
- Soundarya Reddy, Balamuralidhara V*, Pramod Kumar T.M., Teja C.H. and Shreekanth Reddy, Regulatory Stratergies for Biosimilars in Regulated and Emerging Markets, Pharma Times, Vol. 45 - No. 1 - January 2013. Page no. 11 – 14
- N.Radhadevi*, V.Balamuralidhara, Safe Tattooing With Regulations: An Overview, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences And Research, Volume 3 Issue 1, Jan. 2013
- Vrushabendra Swamy Bhyrapur Mathad, Sridhar Chandanam, V Balamuralidhar Veeranna,Sreenivasa Rao Thirumala Setty, Dhanapal Ramaiyan, , Ashoka Babu Vechham Lakshminarayanasettry. Antidiarrheal Evaluation of Benincasa hispida (Thunb.) Cogn. Fruit Extracts. Iranian Journal of Pharmacology and therapeutics, vol-4, 2005; 24-27
- Balamuralidhara V., Srinivas S.A., Gangadharappa H.V. and T.M.Pramod Kumar, Investigation on the effect of different disintegrants on the orodispersible tablets of Rabeprazole, Asian Journal of Scientific Research, 2009; 2(4):pp 190-197
- T.M. Pramod Kumar, Valluru Ravi, Venkatesh M.P. Balamuralidhara V. & Gangadharappa H.V., Innovation in pharmaceutical research: Indian versus global prospect. International pharmacy Journal, 2010
- N. Vishal Gupta, Gowda D.V., Balamuralidhara V., S. Mohammed Khan, Formulation and evaluation of olanzapine matrix pellets for controlled release, DARU Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2011, 19(4), 249-256.
- Balamuralidhara V, Pramod Kumar T.M, Srujana, Venkatesh MP , Vishal NG, Krishna KL, Gangadharappa H.V, pH sensitive drug delivery : A review, American Journal of Drug Discovery and Development, 2011, 1 (1). PP.1-25
- Pratik Thakkar, Balamuralidhara V., T. M. Pramod Kumar, Ravi Valluru, and Venkatesh M. P., Use of computerized systems in clinical research: A regulatory perspective, Clinical Research and Regulatory Affairs, 2011, 1–8
- Vinay.S, Sudeendra Bhat R., Balamuralidhara V* and Pramod Kumar T.M., Comparative Study of In-process and Finished Products Quality Control Tests of IP, BP & USP for Tablets, International Research Journal of Pharmacy, 2(4) , 2011
- Teja C.H., V. Balamuralidhara *,S. Vinay, R. Sudeendra Bhat and T. M. Pramod Kumar, Comparative Study of In-process and Finished Products Quality Control Tests of IP, BP & USP for Liquid orals, International Research Journal of Pharmacy, 2(9), 2011,65-69.
- V. Balamuralidhara *, N. Radha Devi, S. Vinay, R. Sudeendra Bhat and T. M.Pramod Kumar, Comparative study of in-process and finished products quality control tests of IP,BP & USP for Parenterals, International Journal of Drug Formulation and Research, Volume 2 Issue 5, Sep.-Oct. 2011
- Nadimpalli Radhadevi, Veeranna Balamuralidhara, Teggina Math Pramod Kumar, Vishal Gupta, Valluru Ravi, Venkatesh Madhugiri Prakash, Regulatory guidelines for medical devices in India: An overview, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutics, 1( 6) January-March 2012. 10- 17.
- Shilpi Khattri*, Balamuralidhara V., Pramod Kumar T. M., Ravi Valluru, and Venkatesh M. P., Pharmacovigilance regulations in India: A Step forward, Clinical Research and Regulatory Affairs, 2012; 29(2): 41–45.
- Ch.Teja*, Balamuralidhar.V, T.M. Pramod Kumar, Ch. Dheeraj Reddy and G. Krishna Chaitanya, New era in US prescription drug labelling, Elixir Pharmacy, 44 (2012) 7572-7575.
- Balamuralidhara .V, T.M. Pramod Kumar, N. Vishal Gupta, Afrasim Moin, H.V. Gangadharappa, Development of pH sensitive microspheres of esomeprazole magnesium using natural gums for zollinger-ellison syndrome, Drug Delivery Letters, 2012, 2, 108-117.
- V. Balamuralidhara*, T.M. Pramod Kumar, N. Vishal Gupta, H.V. Gangadharappa, pH-dependent gradient release microspheres of lercanidipine hydrochloride: in vitro and in vivo evaluation, Journal Drug Delivery Science and Technology, 22 (6) 493-499 2012.
- Soundarya Reddy.K*, Balamuralidhara.V, Pramod Kumar.T.M, Parjanya.K and Raaga leean.V, Regulatory landscape of biosimilars in Singapore: a critical overview, Elixir Bio Tech, 51A (2012) 11084-11086
- V. Balamuralidhara , T. M. Pramod Kumar a , N. Vishal Gupta , Anil Getyala & H. V. Gangadharappa, Development of a Novel Biodegradable Superporous Hydrogel for Gastroretentive Application, International Journal of Polymeric Materials and Polymeric Biomaterials,2013; 62: 524–532.
|Sl. no.||Title of the paper||Conference details||Authors|
|1||Design and evaluation of lercanidipine HCl micropellets for controlled drug delivery||2nd International conference and Indo-Candian satellite symposium on pharmaceutical science, technology, practice and Natural Health products||Balamuralidhara V and T.M. Pramod Kumar|
|2||Lercanidipine Hydrochloride Based pH-Dependent Drug Delivery System||59th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, 20th to 23rd December 2007, Varanasi, India.||Balamuralidhara V and T.M. Pramod Kumar|
|3||Mucoadhesive Microsphere-Based Modified Release Matrix tablets for Duodenal Ulcer||60th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, 12th to 14th December 2008, New Delhi, India.||Balamuralidhara V and T.M. Pramod Kumar|
|4||pH sensitive Microsphere- for Intestinal drug delivery||61st Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, 11th to 13th December 2009, Ahmedabad, India.||Balamuralidhara V and T.M. Pramod Kumar|
|5||pH sensitive Mucoadhesive Microsphere- for Duodenal Ulcer||23rd FAPA Congress, 5th to 8th November 2010, Taipei, Taiwan.
|Balamuralidhara V and T.M. Pramod Kumar|
|6||pH-Sensitive Superporous Hydrogels of Esomeprazole Magnesium'||63rd Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, 11th to 13th December 2011, Bangalore, India.||Balamuralidhara V and T.M. Pramod Kumar|
|7||Attended||Indo- American pharmaceutical regulatory Symposium.
Nov. 20 – 21, 2010. At Chennai
|8||pH-Sensitive Superporous Hydrogels of Losartan potassium||Indo- American Pharmaceutical regulatory Symposium, November 11- 13,2011 at Ahmedabad, Gujarat||Balamuralidhara V and T.M. Pramod Kumar|
|9||pH-Sensitive Superporous Hydrogels of Esomeprazole Magnesium'||63rd Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, 11th to 13th December 2011, Bangalore, India.||Balamuralidhara V and T.M. Pramod Kumar|
|10||Participated||Emerging trends, challenges, and future perspectives in dissolution testing January 24-25,2012, Mysore|
|11||Participated||eCTD Submission, challenges and Future perspective. February 17-18,2012, Mysore|
|12||Attended||International workshop on Bioavailability and bioequivalence using winNolnlin. August, 16- 18, 2012. At Ooty .|
|13||Participated||Symposium on DoE and QbD: an Eye Opener. January 22nd, 2013. At Mysore.|
Books/ chapter published
|Editor||Name of the Book||Published by||Year of Publication|
|Balamuralidhara V.||Handbook of quality control tests for sterile products||LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing||2012|
|Title of the project||Sponsoring agency||Co-Investigator||Cost
|Year of start||Duration||Status|
|Preparation and evaluation of pH-dependent drug delivery systems||AICTE-RPS||Balamuralidhara V.||10.00 lakhs||2010||3 yrs||Granted|
|Formulation and evaluation of environmental responsive nanoparticles for developing colon drug delivery systems||UGC-MRP||Balamuralidhara V.||10.60 lakhs||2011||3 yrs||Granted|
|Academic year||Name of the student||Dissertation Title|
|2011-12||Mr. Prathick Thakkar||Regulatory requirements for the approval of generic inhalation and nasal products in USA, Canada and European union|
|Non clinical and clinical regulatory strategies in first in Human trials of large and small molecules|
|Mr. Krishna Reddy||Requirements for dossier preparation and compilation prescription drugs in United Kingdom|
|Ethical considerations in the clinical development of therapeutics for rare diseases|
|Ms. Soundarya Reddy||Regulatory requirements for the registration process of biosimilars in regulated and emerging markets|
|Asia’s role in global drug development1111111|
|2011-13||Ms.Ch. Teja||Global Regulatory Requirements for Transdermal Drug Delivery System|
|Regulatory Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals in New Zealand|
|Mr. Anoop S. Pillai||Fixed Dose Combinations: An Advanced Delivery Mechanism, Regulatory Framework and Protection by Patent Term Extension|
|Current Regulatory Requirements for Approval and Registration of New and Generic Drug Products in South Africa|
|Ms. Shilpi Khattri||Comparison of key Requirements for the registration of Generic Drugs in Asian, East African & West African Countries for the Drug Product Development|
|Regulations, Organization Structure, Requirements and Marketing Authorization for Medical Devices Registration in South Korea|
|Comparison of Marketing Authorisation and its regulatory requirements for African countries|
|Bioavailability and Bioequivalence requirements for Brazil|
|Mr. Nitin C. V.||Regulatory requirements for the generics drugs used in treatment of lifestyle diseases in Southeast Asia|
|Generic Drug Registration process in Russia|
|Mr. Naga Sravan Kumar Varma. V||Preparation and Evaluation of pH sensitive Nanoparticles for Duodenal Drug Delivery|
|Ms. Gowthami Swarupa.||Formulation and evaluation of environmental responsive nanoparticles for colon targeted drug delivery system|