- About Us
- Pharm.D (PB)
- PG Diploma
- Anti Ragging Committee
- Grievance Redressal Committee
- Institutional Animals Ethics Committee
- Institutional Human Ethics Committee
- Institutional Research Advisory Committee
- Sexual Harassment Cell
- Institutional Pharmaceutical Society
- Class Representatives
- Institutional Library Committee
- Student Lady Representatives
Name: Chandan R S
Present Designation: Assistant Professor
Department: Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Phone: 0821 2548353
Fax: 0821 2548359
|PhD||Dr. M.G.R. University, Chennai||Ongoing|
|2000||M. Pharm||The Tamilnadu Dr. M G R Medical University, Chennai||First class|
|1998||B. Pharm||Mysore University, Mysore||First class|
Highest qualification: M. Pharm
Area of interest: Pharmaceutical Analysis
|Sept 2009||Till date||JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore||03 Years & 07 Months|
|June 2008||Sept 2009||Klintra Research & Technology Services Limited, Chennai||01 Years & 03 Months|
|Jan 2006||May 2008||Huclin Research Limited, Chennai||02 Years & 04 Months|
|Aug 2003||Jan 2006||JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty||02 Years & 05 Months|
|May 2000||Aug 2003||Farooqia College of Pharmacy, Mysore||03 Years & 03 Months|
|Under Graduate||Post Graduate|
|Instrumental Methods of Analysis||Pharmaceutical Analysis||
Modern Analytical Techniques,
Advanced Pharmaceutical Techniques
|03 Years & 07 Months||09 Years & 02 Months||09 Years & 07 Months|
Conference/ seminar attended
Member of professional bodies
|Name of the Professional body||Registration No.||Registration Date|
|The Indian Pharmaceutical Association||KTK/MYS/LM/0063||10/11/2010|
National Publications: 13
- N.G. Rashmi, R.S. Chandan, B.M. Gurupadayya, Srujana S, V Raagaleena. Validated Analytical Determination of Modafinil by 2,4-DNP and PDAC Reagents. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2012; 5(5): 2527-2531.
- Srujana S, R.S. Chandan, B.M. Gurupadayya, V Raagaleena, Manoja K M L. Validated Spectroscopic Determination of Clopidogrel and Gemfibrozil Using 2, 4- Dinitro phenyl hydrazine Reagent. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2012; 5(4): 1906-1909.
- Manoja K M L, B.M. Gurupadayya, Srujana S, Raaga L V, R.S. Chandan, Development and validation of stability indicating RP-HPLC method for Amisulpride in bulk and pharmaceutical formulation. Indian Drugs. 2012;49(04): 43-50.
- AnandKumar R Tengli, B.M. Gurupadayya, Neeraj Soni, R.S. Chandan. RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of Hydrochlorothiazide, Ramipril and Telmisartan in tablet dosage form. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2012; 5(3): 1290-1293.
- R.S. Chandan, M. Vasudevan, Deecaraman, B.M. Gurupadayya, M. Indupriya. Spectrophotometric determination of lamotrigine using Gibb’s and MBTH reagent in pharmaceutical dosage form. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2011; 4(6):1813-1815.
- A.Shravya, R.S. Chandan, B.M. Gurupadayya, M. Sireesha. Spectrophotometric determination of Ezetimibe using MBTH reagent in pharmaceutical dosage form. International Journal of Research in Ayurveda and Pharmacy. 2011;2(2): 521-525.
- M. Sireesha, R.S. Chandan, B.M. Gurupadayya, CH. Aswani Kumar. Selective and validated Spectrophotometric methods for determination of Rosiglitazone and Pioglitazone with 2, 4-DNP. International Journal of Pharmacy & Technology. 2011; 3(1): 1555-1565.
- M. Indupriya, R.S. Chandan, B.M. Gurupadayya, K. Sowjanya. Quantitative determination of Levetiracetam by Gas Chromatography using Ethyl chloroformate as a derivatizing reagent in pure and pharmaceutical preparation. International Journal of Pharmacy & Technology. 2011; 2(4): 1046 – 1056.
- M. Indupriya, R.S. Chandan, B.M. Gurupadayya, K. Sowjanya. Spectrophotometric determination of Levetiracetam using p-Chloranilic Acid and Potassium Ferricyanide in pharmaceutical dosage form. Der Pharma Chemica. 2011;3(1): 472-481.
- M. Sireesha, R.S. Chandan, B.M. Gurupadayya, A. Shravya. Spectrophotometric determination of Nateglinide using 2,4 dinitrophenyl hydrazine and potassium ferricyanide in pharmaceutical dosage form. Der Pharma Chemica. 2011; 3(1): 497-506.
- A.Shravya, R.S. Chandan, B.M. Gurupadayya, M. Sireesha. Spectrophotometric determination of atorvastatin and ezetimibe using 2,4-DNP in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms. International Journal of Pharmacy & Technology. 2010; 2(4):1046 – 1056.
- M. Vasudevan, Ravisankar S, Sathiyanaraanan A, R.S. Chandan. Simultaneous estimation of Loratadine and Pseudoephedrine by RP-HPLC method. Indian Drugs. 2001;38(5): 276-278.
- M. Vasudevan, Ravisankar S, Sathiyanaraanan A, R.S. Chandan. Simultaneous estimation of Phenylpropanolamine HCL, Guaiphenisin and Diphenhydramine HCL in liquid orals by HPLC method. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2000; 24: 25-31.
International Publications: 01
- CH. Aswani Kumar, B.M. Gurupadayya, S Navya Sloka, R.S. Chandan. J C Thejaswini, Colorimetric determination of Cefadroxil and Ceftriazone in pharmaceutical dosage forms. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research.2011; 10 (1): 81-88.
|Name of the conference/ seminar and place||Dates||Title of paper presented||Author/s|
|Advanced Chromatographic Techniques”, JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore,||1 & 2nd February 2013||-||-|
|17th APTI Annual National Convention, Manipal||12th – 14th October, 2012||Development and Validation of a Stability-Indicating RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Metformin and Nateglinide in a Combined Dosage Form||R.S. Chandan,
M. Vasudevan, Deecaraman,
B.M. Gurupadayya M Sereesha
|Asymmetric synthesis and chiral separation techniques”, JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore,||19th November 2011||-||-|
|Indo-US symposium on ‘Frontiers in medicinal chemistry and drug discovery’ organised by JSSU Mysore and IICT Hyderabad||21st - 23rd April 2011||Spectrophotometric determination of Ezetimibe using MBTH reagent in pharmaceutical dosage form||A.Shravya,
B.M. Gurupadayya, M. Sireesha
|Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, Indore||18 – 20th December, 1999||Estimation of Methocarbamol, Paracetamol and Ibuprofen by RP-HPLC method||M. Vasudevan, Ravisankar S, Sathiyanaraanan A, R.S. Chandan|
Workshops/ Training Programs attended:
- Training of Teachers (TOT) programme organized by Center for Continuous Learning for Professional Excellence (CCLPE) at J S S University, Mysore on 06th July 2012.
- Short course on Statistical Analysis System (SAS) organized by Biostatistics Resource and Training Centre, Christian Medical College, Vellore, 18th – 22nd June 2007.
- Training on Foundation of Clinical Research and Good Clinical Practice, organized by Huclin Research Ltd., Chennai, 17th August 2006.
- Participated in staff development programme on “Advances in Herbal drug research and standardization methods” as a Resource person sponsored by AICTE, New Delhi organized by J.S.S. College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund, 18th June – 02nd July 2005.
- International Conference on Health Sciences, J.S.S. Medical College, Mysore, 25th – 26th February 2005.
- Quality Improvement Program in Pharmaceutical Analytical Techniques, J.S.S. College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund, 27th February – 07th March 2000.
- International Symposium on Stability Testing and Regulatory requirements for Drugs and Pharmaceuticals, Bangalore, 11 – 12th December 1999.
Awards and Achievements:
- Recipient of Sri Rajnikant B Raja award (Gold medal) for best outgoing student in M Pharm (Pharmaceutical Analysis Specialization), JSS College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund.
- Won II best poster award in 17th APTI Annual National Convention held at Manipal during 12 – 14th October 2012.
|Academic year||Name of the student||Dissertation Title|
|2003-04||Mr. Praveen Kumar Kavuri||Bioanalytical Method Development and Bioequivalence Studies of Mosapride SR Tablets” By LC-MS|
|Mr. Kulkarni Sumant Shrikant||Bioanalytical Method Development and Bioequivalence Studies of Valdecoxib Tablets” By LC-MS|
|Mr. Sajjad||Bioanalytical Method Development and Bioequivalence Studies of Amoxicillin capsules” By LC-MS|
|2004-05||Mr. Suresh Dama||Bioanalytical Method Development and Bioequivalence Studies of Etoricoxib Tablets By LC-MS|
|Mr. S. Jayaseelan||Bioanalytical Method Development and Bioequivalence Studies of Loratadine By LC-MS|
|Mr. Senthil kumar||Bioanalytical Method Development and Bioequivalence Studies of Amoxicillin powder for oral suspension By LC-MS|
|2005-06||Mr. Venkat Rao||Bioanalytical Method Development and Bioequivalence Studies of Mefenamic acid By LC-MS|
|Mr. Selvam||Bioanalytical Method Development and Bioequivalence Studies of Clarithromycin By LC-MS|
|Mr. Narayana Reddy||Bioanalytical Method Development and Bioequivalence Studies of Diclofenac sodium tablets By LC-MS|
|2010-11||Ms. M. Indupriya||Estimation of Anti-epileptics in Bulk and Pharmaceutical dosage forms|
|Ms. Shravya A||Validated analytical method development of Lipid lowering agents in Bulk and Formulations|
|Ms. M. Sereesha||Analytical method development and validation of Antidiabetic drugs in Bulk and Pharmaceutical dosage forms|
|2011-12||Ms. S. Srujana||Estimation of drugs acting on Central Nervous System in Bulk and Pharmaceutical dosage forms|
|Ms. Rashmi N G||Validated analytical method development of Cardiovascular drugs in Bulk and Formulations|
|Mr. Sreekanth. K||Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for the determination of Metformin HCl in SR tablet dosage form and its stability indicating assay”.|
|2012-13||Mr. Y. Sri Harsha||Study on drug interaction of Clopidogrel and Statins in plasma using HPLC.|
|Ms. Manjusha. P||Estimation of common poisoning agents and over doses of the drugs in human plasma by HPLC.|
|Ms. Shilpa Kache||Stability indicating method development and validation of Zoledronic acid in I.V. Infusions by HPLC.|