- About Us
- Pharm.D (PB)
- PG Diploma
- Anti Ragging Committee
- Grievance Redressal Committee
- Institutional Animals Ethics Committee
- Institutional Human Ethics Committee
- Institutional Research Advisory Committee
- Sexual Harassment Cell
- Institutional Pharmaceutical Society
- Class Representatives
- Institutional Library Committee
- Student Lady Representatives
Name: N. Paramakrishnan
Present Designation: Lecturer
Fax: 0821 – 2548359
Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
|1997||Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)||RGUHS||First class|
|2006||Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm)||RGUHS||First class|
Highest qualification: M. Pharm
Area of interest:
- Phytochemistry- bio-active aided fraction of active constituents
- Herbal formulation development and its standardization.
|09th May 1996||30th June 1996||Undergone training in Liquid oral section in Pharmafabrikon industry at Madurai - 625020||02 months|
|07th July 1997||30th May 2004||As a lecturer in Pandyan College of Pharmacy, Madurai, TN.||06 years 11 months|
|1st June 2004||15th March 2006||Deputed to pursue PG Programme through QIP sponsored by AICTE at JSS CP , Ootacamund, TN.||01 year 10 months|
|16th March 2006||30th May 2006||As a lecturer in Pandyan College of Pharmacy, Madurai, TN.||02 months|
|1st June 2006||Till date||As a lecturer in JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore – 15.||06 years 11 months|
|Under Graduate||Post Graduate|
|2months||14 years||08 years 10 months|
Conference/ seminar attended
Member of professional bodies
|Name of the Professional body||Registration No.||Registration Date|
|TNSPC||4018 A1||12th May 1999|
|APTI||KA/LM - 786||14th September 2007|
National Publications: 05
- J. Suresh, N. Paramakrishnan, Dhanya Rajan, Mary Sebastian. Review on Phytochemical and Pharmacological properties of Vitex trifolia Linn. Research J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2012; 4(2); 124-129
- J.Suresh, K. Mruthunjaya, N. Paramakrishnan, M.N.Naganandhini. HPTLC Method for Quantitative Estimation of Quercetin and Rutin in Artemisia abrotanum Asian Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research, 1 (2),2011: 80-87
- Ahuja Jitin, Suresh Joghee, N. Paramakrishnan, Balaji Abhijin P.Ahuja Conceptual Comparison between Schedule H and Hx of Drugs & Cosmetics Rules, 1945: Strengthening Laws in Indian Scenario. Asian Journal of Biochemical and Pharmaceutical Research,4(1)2011,196-200
- J. Suresh, K. Elango, S.P. Dhanabal, N. Paramakrishnan, B. Suresh Pharmacognostical evaluation of Artemisia pallens Wall ex DC. Aryavaidyan Vol. XX., No.4, May-July 2007, Pages 242-248.
- S.P. Dhanabal, Mohan Maruga Raja, N. Paramakrishnan, B. Suresh Pharmacognostical Evaluation of Nymphaea stellata Willd. Aryavaidyan, 20, 1, 8-13 (2006).
International Publications: 10
- Joghee Suresh, Jitin Ahuja, Nallupillai Paramakrishnan. Pharmacognostical investigation of Artemisia parviflora Roxb. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, 2012, S532-S535
- J. Suresh, J. Ahuja, N. Paramakrishnan, M. Sebastian. Total Phenolic and Total Flavonoids Content of aerial parts of Artemisia abrotanum Linn. and A. pallens Wall. Analytical Chemistry Letters, 2(3) 2012, 186-191
- N. Paramakrishnan, Jitin Ahuja, J. Suresh, Mohd. Nayeemullah, Mary Sebastian.Evaluation of Acute oral toxicity of aerial parts of Artemisia Parviflora Roxb. In Swiss Albino mice. Pelagia Research Library, 3(1), 2012, 99-103
- J Ahuja J. Suresh, N. Paramakrishnan, K. Mruthunjaya, M. N. Naganandhini. An Ethno medical, Phytochemical and Pharmacological Profile of Artemisia parviflora Roxb. Journal of Essential oil Bearing Plants, 14(6), 2011, 647-657
- J. Suresh, K. Mruthunjaya, N. Paramakrishnan, M. N, Naganandhini. Determination of Artemisinin in Artemisia arbotanum and Artemisia pallens By LC/MS Method. Int J Curr Pharmaceutical Research, 3(1); 49-52 (2011).
- J. Suresh, K. Elango, S.P. Dhanabal, N. Paramakrishnan, B. Suresh. Pharmacognostical evaluation of Artemisia abrotanum Linn. Hamdard Medicus Vol-52, Issue no-1 of Jan-Mar 2009.
- Barnabas Wilson, Malay Kumar Samanta, Kumaraswamy Shanti, Kokilampal Perumal Sampath Kumar, Nallupillai Paramakrishnan, Bhojraj Suresh. Targeted delivery of tacrine into the brain with polysorbate-80 coated Poly (n-butylcyanoacrylate) nanoparticles. European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, 2008.
- Barnabas Wilson, Malay Kumar Samanta, Kumaraswamy Shanti, Kokilampal Perumal Sampath Kumar, Nallupillai Paramakrishnan, Bhojraj Suresh. Poly (n-butylcyanoacrylate) nanoparticles coated with polysorbate 80 for the targeted delivery of rivastigmine into the brain to treat Alzheimer’s disease. Brain research 1200 159-168, (2008).
- J. Suresh, K. Elango, S.P. Dhanabal, N. Paramakrishnan, B. Suresh A Comparative Pharmacognostical evaluation of two Artemisia species found in Nilgiris biosphere. Ancient Science of Life, Vol. XXVII (2), Oct, Nov, Dec-2007.
- S.P. Dhanabal, N. Paramakrishnan, S. Manimaran, B. Suresh. Anticonvulsant Potential of Essential oil of Artemisia abrotanum. Current trends in Biotechnology and Pharmacy, Vol-1(1), 112-116, 2007.
|Name of the conference/ seminar and place||Dates||Title of paper presented||Author/s|
|National seminar on “Advanced Chromatographic Techniques” organized by JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore||1st &2nd, Feb 2013||-----||-----|
|Symposium on ‘DoE & QbD: An Eye Opener’ organized by JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore.||22nd January 2013||-----||-----|
|Indo – US Symposium on Molecular Pharmacology and Applied Therapeutics, organized by JSS Medical College, Mysore||6-7, Nov 2012||-----||-----|
|National workshop on “Potentials of Medicinal Plants of Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve (Western Ghats)” organized by Dept. of Phytopharmacy and Phytomedicine, organized by JSS College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund. TN||8th–10th, Dec 2011||-----||-----|
|IPA Convention – 2010 on “Theme: Surging forward as the Global Pharma Destination” organized by IPA, TN, Chennai.||13th & 14th, Mar 2010||-----||-----|
|61st Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, 2009.||11th -13th, Dec 2009|
|International Herbal Conference – 2009 on “Herbal Medicine – Evaluation of Quality, Efficacy and Safety” organized by APTI, Bangalore.||26th-28th, Feb 2009||HPTLC method for Quantitative Estimation of Quercetin and Rutin in Artemisia abrotanum||J. Suresh K. Elango N. Paramakrishnan B. Suresh|
|International seminar on “Herbal drugs research: present and future prospects” organized by TIFAC CORE, JSS College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund, TN, India.||4th & 5th Dec 2009||----||----|
|Second International Convention and Indo-Canadian Satellite Symposium on “Pharmaceutical Science, Technology, Practice and Natural Products” organized by JSS College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund, TN||24th -26th, Feb 2007||Pharmacognostical evaluation of Artemisia Parviflora.||J. Suresh S P Dhanabal N. Paramakrishnan B. Suresh|
|International Conference on “Drug Development from Medicinal Plants – Issues & Proplems” organized by C. L. Baid Metha College of Pharmacy, Chennai – 96, TN||20th -22th, Mar-2006||Antihyperglycemic activity of ethanolnic extract of leaves of Nymphaea stellata in alloxan induced diabetic rates.|
|International conference on “Globalization of Traditional, Complimentary and Alternative systems of Medicine 2006” organized by faculty of Horticulture, Horticultural College& Research Institute, Agricultural University, Coimbatore, TN- India.||16-18th, Mar-2006||Screening of essential oils of various species of Artemisia for Anticonvulsant activity.||J. Suresh S P Dhanabal N. Paramakrishnan B. Suresh|
|II National Convention of Pharmacy Educator on “Theme – Developing a new role for Pharmacy educators in healthcare” Organized by College of Pharmacy, Sri Ramakrishna Institute of Paramedical Sciences, Coimbatore, TN||4th & 5th, Mar-2006||-----||-----|
|57th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress – 2005||2nd-4th, Dec 2005||Microbiological Screening of essential oils of various species of Artemisia||J. Suresh S P Dhanabal N. Paramakrishnan B. Suresh|
|International Conference on “Health Sciences: Theme-Integrated Healthcare towards Global Wellbeing” organized by JSS Medical institutions, Mysore- 570015.||25th –26th, Feb-2005||-----||-----|
|Seminar on “Career Prospects in Pharmacy Profession” organized by JSS College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund, TN||22nd Aug 2004||-----||-----|
|Workshop on “Environment and Pollution Awareness” organized by JSS College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund, TN||11th July, 2004||-----||-----|
Paper presentation in conference/ seminar
|Name of the conference/ seminar and place||Dates||Title of paper presented|
|International Herbal Conference – 2009 on “Herbal Medicine – Evaluation of Quality, Efficacy and Safety” organized by APTI, Bangalore.||26th-28th Feb 2009||HPTLC method for Quantitative Estimation of Quercetin and Rutin in Artemisia abrotanum|
|International Conference on “Drug Development from Medicinal Plants – Issues & Proplems” organized by C. L. Baid Metha College of Pharmacy, Chennai – 96.||20th -22th Mar-2006||Antihyperglycemic activity of ethanolnic extract of leaves of Nymphaea stellata in alloxan induced diabetic rate.|
Awards and Achievements:
- Quality improvement programme on “Advances in Herbal Drug Research and standardization methods025
- Quality improvement programme on “Challenges in Standardizing Traditional / Herbal Formulations” sponsored by AICTE Dept. of Phytopharmacy & Phytomedicine, JSS. College of Pharmacy, Ooty, Tamilnadu.01st - 08th March 2006.
- Staff development programme on “Recent Advancement in Herbal Drug Research” sponsored by AICTE Dept. of Pharmacognosy, JSS. College of Pharmacy, Ooty, Tamilnadu. 14th - 26th March 2006.
- Quality improvement programme on “Newer Advancements in Herbal Drug Research” sponsored by AICTE Dept. of Pharmacognosy, JSS. College of Pharmacy, Ooty, Tamilnadu. 07th -13th March 2007.
- “Workshop on Environment and Pollution Awareness” sponsored by AICTE JSS. College of Pharmacy, Ooty on 11th July 2004
|Academic year||Name of the student||Dissertation Title|
|2011-12||Apurva Singh||Anti-diabetic and Antioxidant activity of leaves of Ixora coccinea linn|
|Dhanya Rajan E P||Anti-diabetic activity of aerial parts of Xanthium strumarium Linn|