- About Us
- Pharm.D (PB)
- PG Diploma
- Anti Ragging Committee
- Grievance Redressal Committee
- Institutional Animals Ethics Committee
- Institutional Human Ethics Committee
- Institutional Research Advisory Committee
- Sexual Harassment Cell
- Institutional Pharmaceutical Society
- Class Representatives
- Institutional Library Committee
- Student Lady Representatives
Name: M.P. Venkatesh
Present Designation: Assistant Professor
|1999-2000||D. Pharm||Drugs Control Department, Bangalore||Distinction|
|2000-2003||B. Pharm||RGUHS, Bangalore||Distinction|
|2004-2006||M. Pharm||RGUHS, Bangalore||Distinction|
|April 2009 till date||Ph.D||JSS University, Mysore||Pursuing|
Highest qualification: M.Pharm
Area of interest: Development of Novel Drug Delivery Systems, In Situ Gels, Regulatory Affairs
|Feb 2006||March 2007||Executive||Strides Arcolab Limited, Bangalore||1 year 1 month|
|March 2007||March 2012||Lectuer||JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore||5 years|
|March 2012||Till date||Assistant Professor||JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore||1 year 1 month|
|Under Graduate||Post Graduate|
|1 year 1 month||6 years 1 month||6 years|
Conference/ seminar attended
Member of professional bodies
|Name of the Professional body||Registration No.||Registration Date|
|Karnataka State Pharmacy Council, Bangalore||30938||2003|
|Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India||KA/LM-787||2006|
Reviewer of Journal/s:
Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy (DDIP)
National Publications: 09
- V. Balamuralidhara, T.M. Pramodkumar, N. Srujana, M.P. Venkatesh, N. Vishal Gupta, K.L. Krishna, H.V Gangadharappa, pH sensitive drug delivery systems: A review. American Journal of Drug Discovery and Development. 2011; 1: 24-48.
- K.Vaishnavi, N. Vishal Gupta, Shahnawaz Anis, M.P. Venkatesh, T.M. Pramod Kumar and K. Pranitha. Conduct of inspections for Pharmaceutical manufacturers or importers as per EU guidelines. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research. 2011; 3(6): 88-98.
- Akash J. Dave, Valluru Ravi, Balamuralidhara V, Pramod Kumar T.M. and Venkatesh M.P. Consecrate to population suffering from life threatening diseases: A regulatory perspective to biomarker and surrogate endpoint. American Journal of Pharmtech Research. 2012; 2(2): 151-163.
- G.V.S.S.N.Jyothi, Venkatesh M.P., Pramod Kumar T.M., Radhadevi N., Rohith Gundavaram, Kamlesh Kumar Sharma. Orphan Drug Act: History, Perspective and Challenges for Future. American Journal of Pharmtech Research. 2012, 2(3).
- Eshan Gera, H.V.Raghunandan, Pramod Kumar T.M., M.P. Venkatesh. How Similar Should Be A Biosimilar!!!. American Journal of Pharmtech Research. 2012, 2(4).
- D.V. Gowda, A.S. Aravind Ram, Venkatesh M.P, Mohammed S Khan. Development and evaluation of clozapine pellets for controlled release. International Journal of Research in Ayurveda and Pharmacy, 2012, 3(4), 611-618.
- M.P. Venkatesh, Purohit L. Kamlesh, T.M. Pramod Kumar, Development and evaluation of chitosan based thermosensitive in situ gels of pilocarpine. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2013; 5(1): 164-169.
- G.V.N.S. Krishna Chaitanya, M.P.Venkatesh, T.M. Pramod Kumar. Post Approval Regulatory Requirements for A New Drug Application (NDA). American Journal of Pharmtech Research. 2013, 3(1).
- Pooja M.B., Srujana, Balamuralidhara V, Venkatesh M.P., T.M. Pramod Kumar. Comparitive study in-process and finished product quality control tests of IP, BP, USP, EP, JP for ophthalmic products. International Journal of Pharmacy Teaching and Practice 2012, 3(2):261-5.
International Publications: 06
- T.M.Pramod Kumar, Valluru Ravi, H.V Gangadharappa, V. Balamuralidhara & M.P. Venkatesh, The values of pharmaceutical innovations: Global versus Indian perspective. International Pharmaceutical Journal. 2010; 26(1): 24-28.
- Gowda D.V., Mohammed S. Khan, Venkatesh M.P, Sowjanya A.S, Shivakumar H.G. Preparation and evaluation of HPMC and eudragit Microparticles Loaded With Diltiazem Hydrochloride for Controlled Release. Der Pharmacia Lettre. 2010; 2(5):387-398.
- Pratik Thakkar, V. Balamuralidhara, T. M. Pramod Kumar, Ravi Valluru and M. P. Venkatesh. Use of computerized systems in clinical research: A regulatory perspective, Clinical Research and Regulatory Affairs. 2011;28 (3): 55-62.
- Madhugiri P. Venkatesh, Purohit K. Liladhar, Teggin M.P. Kumar and Hosakote G. Shivakumar. In Situ Gels Based Drug Delivery Systems. Current Drug Therapy. 2011; 6: 213-222.
- Shilpi Khattri, Balamuralidhara V., Pramod Kumar T.M., Ravi Valluru and Venkatesh M.P. Pharmacovigilance regulations in India: A step forward. Clinical Research and Regulatory Affairs. 2012; 29 (2): 41-45.
- M.P. Venkatesh, T.M. Pramod Kumar, B.S. Avinash and G. Sheela Kumar. Development, in vitro and in vivo Evaluation of Novel Injectable Smart Gels of Azithromycin for Chronic Periodontitis. Current Drug Delivery 2013; 10(2):188 – 197.
Papers presented in conferences:
|Name of the conference/ seminar and place||Dates||Title of paper presented||Author/s|
|9th International Convention of APTI, Vishakapatnam, India||2nd & 3rd Oct, 2004||Spectrophotometric estimation of Isosorbide 5-mononitrate in Pharmaceutical dosage forms||M.P. Venkatesh, H.S. Rajesh, S.S. Sangeetha and S. Rajasekaran|
|10th APTI Convention, Nagpur||17th & 18th October 2005||Preparation of buccal patches composed of Carbopol, Pluronic F-127 and HPMC||M.P. Venkatesh, D.V. Gowda, T.M. Pramod Kumar and Dr. H.G. Shivakumar|
|57th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress (IPC), Hyderabad||2-4th December 2006||Formulation and Evaluation of Smart gels for the treatment of Periodontitis||M. P. Venkatesh and T.M. Pramod Kumar
|12th APTI Convention, Chandigarh||25-27 October 2007||Formulation and evaluation of metaprolol based transdermal drug delivery systems||M.P. Venkatesh, T.M. Pramod Kumar and H.G. Shivakumar|
|60th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress (IPC),
|12-14th December 2008||Formulation and evaluation of spray dried microparticles loaded with pramipexole for controlled release||M. P. Venkatesh, D.V. Gowda and T.M. Pramod Kumar|
|14th APTICON, Jodhpur||3rd and 4th October 2009||Spray Dried Indapamide Microparticles for Controlled Release - A Novel Approach||M. P. Venkatesh, Nagendra, D.V. Gowda and T.M. Pramod Kumar|
|1st Pharmaceutical Sciences Conference and Exhibition,Penang, Malaysia.||27th and 28th Sep, 2010||Formulation and Evaluation of In Situ Gel Based Drug Delivery System of Pilocarpine||M.P. Venkatesh, Kamlesh Purohit and T.M. Pramod Kumar|
|Indo-American Pharmaceutical Regulatory Symposium, Ahmedabad||11-13 November, 2011||Bolar Provisions: Overriding the Patent Protection||M.P.Venkatesh, Koushik Aerabati, T.M. Pramod Kumar, Shilpi Khattri|
|Indo-American Pharmaceutical Regulatory Symposium, Ahmedabad||11-13 November, 2011||Formulation Development and Evaluation of Novel In Situ Gels of Methotrexate||M. P. Venkatesh, Shahnawaz Anis, T. M. Pramod Kumar, V. Balamuralidhara|
|64th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress (IPC), Chennai||7-9 December, 2012||Development and Evaluation of Injectable Azithromycin Smart Gels for Treatment of Chronic Periodontitis||M.P. Venkatesh and T.M. Pramod Kumar|
Conferences/ Seminars attended:
- 9th International Convention of Association of Pharmaceutical teachers of India (APTI) held at Vishakapatnam on 2nd & 3rd October 2004.
- International Conference on Health sciences held at Mysore on 25th & 26th Feb, 2005.
- Association of Pharmaceutical teachers of India (APTI) 10th Convention, held at Nagpur on 17th & 18th October 2005.
- 57th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, held at Hyderabad from 2-4th December, 2005.
- Association of Pharmaceutical teachers of India (APTI) 12th Convention, held at Chandigarh on 27th & 28th October 2006.
- 60th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, held at New Delhi from 12-14th December, 2008.
- 14th APTICON held at Jodhpur on 3rd and 4th October 2009.
- 1st Pharmaceutical Sciences Conference and Exhibition held at Penang, Malaysia on 27th and 28th Sep, 2010.
- 2nd Indo-American Pharmaceutical Regulatory Symposium held at Chennai on 20th & 21st Nov 2010
- 3rd Indo-American Pharmaceutical Regulatory Symposium held at Ahmadabad on 11-13Nov 2011
- “Emerging Trends on Dissolution Testing and Future Perspectives” held at JSS College of Pharmacy on 27th and 28th Jan, 2012
- “eCTD Submission and Challenges” held at JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore on 16th and 17th Feb, 2012.
- “Current Challenges in Global Regulatory Compliance – Quality of Pharmaceutical Ingredients” held at Mumbai from 27-29th September, 2012
- 64th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress (IPC), held at Chennai from 7-9th December, 2012
- “Dissolution Challenges – Regulatory Perspectives” held at JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty from 24-25th January, 2013.
Awards and Achievements:
- Received II Best Research Paper Award in Pharmaceutical Analysis section during 9th International Convention of APTI, 2nd & 3rd Oct, 2004, Vishakapatnam.
- Received Best Poster Award in Pharmaceutics section during Third Indo-American Pharmaceutical Regulatory Symposium, 11-13 November, 2011, Ahmedabad.
- Academic Credentials:
- D.Pharm: I year - 4th Rank for State, II year – 10th Rank for State
- M.Pharm: 6th Rank for University
|Title of the project||Sponsoring agency||Investigator/s||Cost
|Year of start||Duration||Status|
|Formulation, Optimization and Evaluation of Methotrexate Smart Gels for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis||ICMR, New Delhi||Dr. T.M. Pramod Kumar & M.P. Venkatesh||23.19 Lakhs||2012||3 years||On going|
Details of Research Guidance:
|Academic year||Name of the student||Dissertation Title|
|2008-09||Mr. Kamlesh Purohit||Formulation and evaluation of in situ gel based drug delivery system|
|2009-10||Mr. Shah Nawaz Anis||Design and development of novel smart gel containing anti cancer drug|
|2010-11||Mr. Venkatesh Alla||Formulation and evaluation of floating in situ gels of losartan potassium|
|2011-12||Ms. Anusha Nathani||Regulatory concerns in development, approval and post approval of nutraceuticals and herbal drugs: A global scenario|
|Similar Biotherapeutic products (SPBs) in asia: Opportunities and challenges in regulatory evaluation|
|2011-12||Ms. G. Navaneetha||Comparative study for registration of generics in EU, US and an overview of administrative documents submitted in emerging markets|
|Biosimilars: Scientific, clinical and regulatory issues in regulated markets|
|2011-12||Mr. Koushik Aerabati||Registration of super-generics in European medicines agency: Antacid orally disintegrating tablets (ODT)|
|Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics: Principles and application in preclinical drug development|
|2012-13||Ms. Pooja M.B||Development and commercialization of controlled drugs for access in global market.|
|Regulatory requirements for Pharmaceutical product registration in Egypt.|
|2012-13||Ms. G.V.S.S.N Jyothi||A Review of Regulatory Requisites for Registration Process of Medical Devices in Regulated Countries|
|Regulatory Requirements for Pharmaceutical Product Registration in Brunei Darussalam|
|2012-13||Mr. Krishna Chaitanya||Preparation and compilation of a generic
Parenteral product dossier for united states
|Regulatory Requirements For Pharmaceutical Product Registration In Japan|
|2012-13||Mr. Hardik Pandya||Generic Drug Development for United States and Europe Markets|
|Regulatory Requirements for Pharmaceutical Product Registration in Ethiopia|