- About Us
- Pharm.D (PB)
- PG Diploma
- Anti Ragging Committee
- Grievance Redressal Committee
- Institutional Animals Ethics Committee
- Institutional Human Ethics Committee
- Institutional Research Advisory Committee
- Sexual Harassment Cell
- Institutional Pharmaceutical Society
- Class Representatives
- Institutional Library Committee
- Student Lady Representatives
Dr. N. Vishal Kumar Gupta
Name : Dr. Vishal Kumar Gupta
Present Designation: Assistant Professor
Fax : 0821-2548359
|2011||Ph.D||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore||--|
|2004||M. Pharm||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore||Distinction|
|2001||B. Pharm||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore||Distinction|
Highest qualification: Ph.D
Area of interest: Drug Delivery, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs
|01st April 2004||Till Date||JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore||9 years 1 month|
|Under Graduate||Post Graduate|
|03 months||>9 years||>6 years|
Conference/ seminar attended
Member of professional bodies
|Name of the Professional body||Registration No.||Registration Date|
|Karnataka State Pharmacy Council||43547||17th October 2010|
|Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI)||KA/LM-769||03rd September 2007|
|Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA)||KTK/MYS/LM-0060||01st November 2008|
Reviewer of Joural/s
- European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics
- Material Science and Engineering
- African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology
- International Journal of Health and Allied Sciences
- Journal of Pharmacy and Bioallied Sciences etc.,
- N. Vishal Gupta, C.S. Satish, H.G. Shivakumar, Preparation and characterization of gelatin-poly (methacrylic acid) interpenetrating polymeric network hydrogels as a pH-sensitive delivery system for glipizide, Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2007, 69(1), 64-69.
- Gangadharappa HV, Srirupa Biswas, Anil Getyala, N. Vishal Gupta, Pramod Kumar T. M., Development, In vitro and In vivo Evaluation of Novel Floating Hollow Microspheres of Rosiglitazone Maleate, Der Pharmacia Lettre, 2011, 3(4), 299-316.
- Kumar M. Sujith, N. Vishal Gupta, V. Balamuralidhara, Biswas Srirupa, Pramod Kumar T.M., I. Naga Krishna Teja, Compilation of key GMP requirements in US and Japan for Tablet Manufacturing, International Journal of Drug Development and Research, 2011, 3(4), 45-54.
- Yogita P., N. Vishal Gupta, Natasha N.S., Ashwini Nageen L., R. Sudeendra Bhat, Comparison of quality requirements for sterile product manufacture as per Indian GMP and USFDA, Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences, 2011, 3(1), 225-243.
- V.R. Gowtham, K. Ashok, N. Vishal Gupta, H.V. Gangadharappa, N. Aswani, H.G. Shivakumar, Documentation in the process of obtaining US FDA approval for a tablet manufacturing industry, Journal of Pharmacy Research, 2011, 4(11), 3989-3991.
- K. Vaishnavi, N. Vishal Gupta, Shanawaz Anis, Venkatesh M.P., T.M. Pramod Kumar, Pranitha K., Conduct of inspections for pharmaceutical manufactures or importers as per EU guidelines, Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 2011, 3(6), 88-98.
- I. Naga Krishna Teja, N. Vishal Gupta, V. Balamuralidhara, Biswas Srirupa, Pramod Kumar T.M., Kumar M. Sujith, Compilation of key GMP requirements in India and EU for tablet manufacturing companies, Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences, 2011, 11, 1-6.
- N. Vishal Gupta, Mohan C.R., Reddy K.P., Kulkarni Ajay, Shivakumar H.G., Process of approval of new drug in india with emphasis on clinical trials, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research, 2012, 13(2), 17-23.
- Nageen L.A., N. Vishal Gupta, N.S. Natasha, Bhat R.S., Yogita P., Comparison of Quality Requirements for Sterile Product Manufacture as per International Regulatory Agencies, International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Phytopharmacological Research, 2012, 4(1), 208-214.
- K. Pranitha, N. Vishal Gupta, Anis Shanawaz, T.M. Pramod Kumar, K. Vaishnavi, Guide to inspections of tablet manufacturing facilities including pre/post approval issues as per USFDA, International Journal of Pharmtech Research, 2012, 4(1), 49-55.
- P.V. Maheshwari, N. Vishal Gupta, Advances of Nanotechnology in Healthcare, International Journal of PharmTech, 2012, 4(3), 1221-1227.
- N. Vishal Gupta, H.G. Shivakumar, Preparation and Characterization of Superporous Hydrogels as pH-Sensitive Drug Delivery System for Pantoprazole Sodium, Current Drug Delivery, 2009, 6(5), 505-510.
- N. Vishal Gupta, H.G. Shivakumar, Development of a gastroretentive drug delivery system based on superporous hydrogel, Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 2010, 9(3), 257-264.
- N. Vishal Gupta, H.G. Shivakumar, Preparation and characterization of superporous hydrogels as gastroretentive drug delivery system for rosiglitazone maleate, DARU Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2010, 18(3), 200-210.
- N. Vishal Gupta, H.G. Shivakumar, pH-sensitive superporous hydrogels composed of methacrylic acid and acrylamide: preparation and properties, Acta Pharmaceutica Sciencia, 2010, 52(3), 239-246.
- D. Vishakante Gowda, N. Vishal Gupta, Mohammed S. Khan, Mangla N. Singh, Development and evaluation of modified locust bean microparticles for controlled drug delivery, Latin American Journal of Pharmacy, 2011, 30(3), 519-526.
- N. Vishal Gupta, Gowda D.V., Balamuralidhara V., S. Mohammed Khan, Formulation and evaluation of olanzapine matrix pellets for controlled release, DARU Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2011, 19(4), 249-256.
- V. Balamuralidhara, T.M. Pramodkumar, N. Srujana, M.P. Venkatesh, N. Vishal Gupta, K.L. Krishna, H.V Gangadharappa, pH sensitive drug delivery systems: A review, American Journal of Drug Discovery and Development, 2011, 1, 24-48.
- N. Vishal Gupta, H.G. Shivakumar, Investigation of swelling and mechanical propertires of a pH-sensitive superporous hydrogel, Iranian Journal of Pharmaceutical research, 2012, 11(2), 481-493.
- Balamuralidhara .V, T.M. Pramod Kumar, N. Vishal Gupta, Afrasim Moin, H.V. Gangadharappa, Development of pH sensitive Microspheres of Esomeprazole Magnesium using Natural gums for Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, Drug Delivery Letters, 2012, 2, 108-117.
- N. Vishal Gupta, H.G. Shivakumar, Interpenetrating network superporous hydrogels for gastroretentive application-preparation, swelling and mechanical properties, Turkish Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2012, 9(2), 127-138.
- Balamuralidhara .V, T.M. Pramod Kumar, N. Vishal Gupta, H.V. Gangadharappa, pH-dependent gradient release microspheres of lercanidipine hydrochloride, Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology, 2012, 22(6), 493-499. (IF-0.679)
- N. Vishal Gupta, D. V. Gowda, V. Balamuralidhara and M. S. Khan, Preparation and comparative bioavailability studies of Indomethacin loaded cetyl alcohol microspheres, Journal of Pharmaceutics, Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 109837, 9 pages.
- Balamuralidhara .V, T.M. Pramod Kumar, N. Vishal Gupta, Anil Getyala, H.V. Gangadharappa, Development of a novel biodegradable superporous hydrogel for gastroretentive application, International Journal of Polymeric Materials and Polymeric Biomaterials, 2013, In press. (IF – 1.204)
|Name of the conference/ seminar and place||Dates||Title of paper presented||Author/s|
|54th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, Pune||13th – 15th December 2002||Redox agent to treat periodontitis; a path unexplored||T.M. Pramod Kumar,
N. Vishal Gupta
Ravidra .S, Anitha .S
|55th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, Chennai||19th – 21st December 2003||Preparation and characterization of gelatin-poly (methacrylic acid) IPN hydrogels as a pH-sensitive delivery system for glipizide||N. Vishal Gupta,
|60th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, New Delhi||12th to 14th December 2008||pH-sensitive superporous hydrogels of pantaprazole sodium||N. Vishal Gupta,
|61st Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, Ahmedabad||11th to 13th December 2009||Superporous hydrogels as a gastroretentive drug delivery system for rosiglitazone||N. Vishal Gupta,
|23rd FAPA Congress, Taipei, Taiwan
|5th – 8th November 2010||Superporous hydrogels based on chitosan as a gastroretentive drug delivery system for rosiglitazone||N. Vishal Gupta,
|Name of the Seminar / Conference / Symposia Workshop etc.||Place and Date|
|Indian Pharmaceutical Association Convention - 2009||New Delhi,
14–15 March 2009
|Indian Pharmaceutical Association Convention - 2010||Chennai,
13–14 March 2009
|Emerging trends, challenges, and future perspectives in dissolution testing||Mysore
24– 25 January 2012
|eCTD submission, challenges and future perspectives||Mysore
17–18 February 2012
|International workshop on Bioavailability & Bioequivalence using WinNonlin||Ooty
16–18 August 2012
|Indo – US symposium on molecular pharmacology and applied therapeutics||Mysore
6–7 November 2012
|Title of the project||Sponsoring agency||Investigator/s||Cost
|Year of start||Duration||Status|
|Formulation and evaluation of pH sensitive drug delivery system for anti diabetic drugs||UGC-MRP||Dr. H.G. Shivakumar Dr. Vishal Kumar Gupta||9.7||2011||3 years||Ongoing|
|Academic year||Name of the student||Dissertation Title|
|2010-11||Mr. Ajay. R. Kulkarni||Process of approval of new drug in india with emphasis on clinical trials|
|Formulation and evaluation of a gastro-retentive drug delivery system|
|Ms. N. Aswani||Documentation in the process of obtaining USFDA approval for a tablet manufacturing industry|
|Formulation and evaluation of pH sensitive drug delivery system for an anti ulcer drug|
|2011-12||Mr. Kamal Kumar||Process Validation of Extended release
Bi-Layered Tablet containing Metformin, Pioglitazone and Glimepiride
|Comparison of patenting system in India, US and European countries|
|Mr. Krishnakanth||Pharmaceutical quality and risk assessment: A case study|
|Mr. Peeyush||Formulation and evaluation of dispersible tablet containing fluoroquinolones antibiotic|
|Comparative study of in-process and finished
product quality control tests of IP, BP & USP for vaccines
|Ms. Sai Jyotshna||Process validation of reclide MR 60 tablets|
|A comparative study of quality control tests for eye preparations as per IP, BP & USP|
|2012-13||I.Naga Krishna Teja.||Process validation of Jointace-750 tablets|
|K.Vaishnavi||Process validation of Queitapine fumarate tablets|
|Kodali Pranita||Cleaning validation of orals (tablets, capsules & dry syrups)|
|V.R. Gowtham||Comparative study of generic drug registration process in EU, US & china.|
|DoE approach to analytical method development|
|Yogita Prajapati||Analytical method development & validation using QbD & QRM principles|
Awards and Achievements:
- Awarded H.H Jagadguru Dr. Sri Shivaratri Rajendra Mahaswamiji’s Gold Medal for Best Outgoing Student in M. Pharm (Industrial Pharmacy Branch) for the year 2003-04.
- Awarded Attiguppe Rajagopal Shetty memorial award for scoring highest marks in M. Pharm (Industrial Pharmacy Branch) for the year 2003-04.
- Awarded Travel Scholarship award by the Federation Asian Pharmaceuticals Associations at the 23rd FAPA Congress, Taipei, Taiwan held between 5th – 8th November 2010.
Best poster awards as co-author
Best poster presentation award to Ms. Kodali Pranitha, PG student at 63rd Indian Pharmaceutical Congress held at bangalore during 16th-18th December, 2011. The work was carried out under my supervision.
Title of the paper: Hazard analysis and critical control point
Authors: Kodali Pranitha, Vishal Gupta .N, R. Sudeendra Bhat
Best poster award was awarded to Mr. Vishnu Datta .M, PG student, in the regulatory affairs section of OMICS 2nd International Conference & Exhibition on Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs, Pharma 2012, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India held during 23-24 November 2012. The work was carried out under my supervision.
Title of the paper: Impact of TRIPS on the accessibility of essential medicines in developing countries
Authors: Vishnu Datta M, D. Krishnaveni, N. Vishal Gupta