- About Us
- Pharm.D (PB)
- PG Diploma
- Anti Ragging Committee
- Grievance Redressal Committee
- Institutional Animals Ethics Committee
- Institutional Human Ethics Committee
- Institutional Research Advisory Committee
- Sexual Harassment Cell
- Institutional Pharmaceutical Society
- Class Representatives
- Institutional Library Committee
- Student Lady Representatives
Dr. Madhusudan Purohit
Name: Dr. Madhusudan Purohit
Present Designation: Professor
Department: Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Mobile: +91 9886698475
Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
|2011||PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences||Rajiv Gandhi University of health Sciences, Karnataka||Awarded|
||M. Pharm Medicinal Chemsitry Specialization||Gulbarga University,
|1995||B. Pharm||Kuvempu University, B.R.project, Shimoga.||First|
Highest qualification: PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences
Area of interest:
- Drug Discovery research
- Synthetic heterocyclic chemistry
- Development of new chemical entities for Tuberculosis and Cancer.
|15-03-2012||to till date||Professor,
JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore.
|1 Year and 1 Month|
JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore.
|5 Years 9 Months|
JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore.
|6 Years 4 Months|
SCS College of Pharmacy, Harapanahalli.
|2 Years 4 Months|
|Under Graduate||Post Graduate|
Instrumental Methods of Analysis
|-||16 Years||10 years|
Conference/ seminar attended
(12 completed, 1 ongoing)
Member of professional bodies
|Name of the Professional body||Registration No.||Registration Date|
Reviewer of Joural/s
- Medicinal Chemistry Research
- Mini Reviews in medicinal chemistry
- International J of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- International Journal of Health & Allied Sciences,
- Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutical Technology & Research
National Publications: 13
- M.N. Purohit, G.V.Pujar and Y.C.Mayur. Bisphosphonates in bone metastasis –an overview. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and Research. 2005;39(1): 14-20.
- Madhusudan.N.Purohit, Gurubasavaraj.V.Pujar, K.V. Manohar, R.H.Udupi and G.S.Vijayakumar. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of bis- [4-substituted-5-mercapto triazol] butane. Indian Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry. 2006;16 (3): 93-94.
- Gurubasavaraj.V.Pujar., K.V.Manohar., R.H.Udupi., M.N.Purohit and M.J.N.Chandrasekar. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of 4-substituted-5-mercapto 3-carboxamido triazoles. Indian Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry. 2006;16 (3): 69-70.
- M.N.Purohit, Kunal Choukshi, G.V.Pujar, Y.C.Mayur, S.M.Shantakumar. Synthesis and antibacterial activity of 5 (5'-substituted 1, 3, 4-oxadiazol- 2'-yl) dihydropyrimidinone derivatives. Indian Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry. 2007; 16 (2): 349-352.
- M.N.Purohit, Sharad Mohan, Kunal Chokshi, G.V.Pujar. UV-Spectrophotometric estimation of Nabumetone. The Pharma Review. 2007; 155-156.
- Gurubasavaraj V.Pujar, C.Synesh, Madhusudan Purohit, N.Srinivasalu and R.H.Udupi., Synthesis, anticonvulsant and anti bacterial activities of some novel pyrazolines derived from benzoxazole and benzimidazoles. Indian Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry. 2008;17 (2): 387-388.
- Madhusudan. N. Purohit, Bhavya.K, Gurubasavaraj. V. Pujar, Synthesis and Biological Activities of Schiff Bases and Mannich Bases derived from 4-aryl dihydropyrimidinones. Journal of Pharmacy and Chemistr. 2009; 3(1): 1-3.
- Gurubasavaraj V.Pujar, Madhusudan Purohit and C.Synesh, Synthesis and pharmacological activities of 1,2,4-triazol-3-yl thiols and related systems. Indian Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry. 2009; 19 (4): 171-174.
- Gurubasavaraj V.Pujar, K.Aparna, Madhusudan Purohit et al., Synthesis, hypoglycemic and antibacterial activity of some novel 4-thiazolidinones. Indian Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistr. 2009; 19 (4): 197-198.
- Madhusudan Purohit, K.Bhavya and G.V.Pujar. Chemistry and Biological Activity of Biginelli Type Dihydropyrimidinones - A Brief Review. Indian Drugs. 2011; 48: 7-18.
- Gurubasavaraj V.Pujar and Madhusudan Purohit. Synthesis, anticonvulsant activity of some novel 1,2,4-triazol-3-yl-thioacetohydrazides derived from benzimidazole and benzoxazole. Journal of Pharmacy and Chemistry. 2011; 4(4): 132-135.
- Saugandha Das, M.N. Purohit, Manan Patel and H.G. Shivakumar, Nicotine addiction – quitting for good. Pharma Times. 2012; 44 (6): 13-19.
- Sandeep Reddy K, Madhusudan N. Purohit, G.V.Pujar. Synthesis and pharmacological activity of some novel bis-heterocycles encompassing pyrrole. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2012, 4 (5): 153-157.
International Publications: 09
- Y.C.Mayur, Osman Ahmed,VVRS Prasad, M.N.Purohit, N.Srinivasulu and S.M. Shanta Kumar Synthesis of 2-methyl N10 substituted acridones as selective inhibitors of multidrug resisistance (MDR)associated protein in cancer cells., Medicinal Chemistry, 2008, 4(5), 457-465.
- B.M Gurupadayya, Madhusudan Purohit and Anandkumar Tengli, Simultaneous estimation of atorvastatin calcium, glimeperide and metformin hydrochloride in tablet formulation by RP-HPLC method. Acta Pharmaceutica Sciencia, 2009, 51,231-235
- Gurupadayya.V Bannimath, Madhusudan N. Purohit and Gurubasavaraj.V. Pujar, Determination of ketoprofen in tablet dosage form by gas-Liquid chromatography. World Journal of Chemistry, 2010, 5(1), 67-70
- Madhusudan Purohit, Yergeri C. Mayur. Synthesis, in vitro cytotoxicity, and anti-microbial studies of 1,4-bis(4-substituted-5-mercapto-1,2,4-triazol-3-yl)butanes. Medicinal Chemistry Research, 2012, Volume 21, Issue 2, pp 174-184. DOI 10.1007/s00044-010-9517-9
- 20. Madhusudan Purohit, V.V.S. Rajendra Prasad and Yergeri.C. Mayur. Synthesis and Cytotoxicity of Bis-1,3,4-Oxadiazoles and Bis-Pyrazoles derived from 1,4-Bis[5-Thio-4-Substituted-1,2,4-Triazol-3-Yl]-Butane and their DNA Binding. Archiv der Pharmazie - Chemistry in Life Science. 2011, 11, 248-254. DOI 10.1002/ardp.201000177
- 21. B. M. Gurupadayya, Ch. Sambireddy, M. N. Purohit, and G. V. Pujar. Synthesis and Pharmacological Evaluation of 7-chloro-6-fluoro-2- (5-aminooxazol/thiazol-2-aryldenylamino)-benzo(1,3)thiazoles Journal of Scientific Research. 2011, 3 (1), 121-128. DOI. 10.3329/jsr.v3i1.6166
- Madhusudan N. Purohit, Kuppusamy Pnajamurthy, Santhini Elango, Karteek Hebbar, Yergeri C. Mayur and Sathees C. Raghavan. In-Vitro Cytotoxicity and Cell Cycle Analysis of Two Novel bis-1,2, 4-triazole derivatives: 1,4-bis[5-(5-mercapto-1,3,4-oxadiazol-2-yl-methyl)-thio-4-(p-tolyl)-1,2,4-triazol-3-yl]-butane (MNP-14) and 1,4-bis[5-(carbethoxy-methyl)-thio-4-(pethoxyphenyl)-1,2,4-triazol-3-yl]-butane (MNP-16). Nucleosides, Nucleotides and Nucleic Acids, 2011, 30(11), 873-885. Doi: 10.1080/15257770.2011.608395
- P. T.Pudota, R. Shurpali, M. Purohit, G.V. Pujar. Synthesis, in vitro antimicrobial and cytotoxic activities of some novel bis- 1, 3, 4-oxadiazoles. Journal of Applied Chemical Research, 2012, 7, 1, 7-18.
- Rohit Singh. Gurubasavaraj V. Pujar, Madhusudan N. Purohit. V. M. Chandrashekar. Synthesis, in vitro cytotoxicity, and antibacterial studies of new asymmetric bis-1,2,4-triazoles. Medicinal Chemistry Research, 2013, 22(5), 2163-21732012, DOI 10.1007/s00044-012-0209-5.
Conference Attended: 05
|Name of the conference/ seminar and place||Dates||Title of paper presented||Author/s|
|11th APTI convention during held at NIMHANS, Bangalore||01-09-2006 to 03-09-2006||Synthesis and anti microbial activities of certain novel dihydro pyrimidines /Poster||Madhusudan Purohit, Kunal Choukshi and Sharad Mohan|
|Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, Ahmedabad,||17th to 19th December, 2009||Synthesis and in vitro antimicrobial and cytotoxic activities of some novel bis- heterocycles /Poster||Madhusudan Purohit and Y.C. Mayur|
|15th APTI-convention, held at Hyderabad.||02-11-2010 to 03-11-2010||Synthesis and cytotoxicity of certain bis-1,3,4-oxadiazoles and bis-pyrazoles / Poster||Madhusudan Purohit, Yergeri.C. Mayur, Chandrashekar V.M.|
|Indo-US symposium on Frontiers in Medicianl Chemistry and Drug Discovery- Molecule to Medicine- held at JSS University, Mysore||21-04 -2011 to 23-04-2011||In vitro cytotoxicity and cell cycle analysis of novel bis-1, 2, 4-triazole derivatives./ Poster||Madhusudan N. Purohit, Yergeri C. Mayur|
Awards and Achievements:
- Secured fourth rank in B.Pharm
- Qualified in GATE-1996
- Won Best Paper award from IJPER
- Won Best poster in Indo-US symposium on Frontiers in Medicianl Chemistry
|Academic year||Name of the student||Dissertation Title|
|2006-07||Mr. Chokshi Kunal||Synthesis, anticonvulsant and antimicrobial activity of some novel triazoles and oxadiazoles|
|2006-07||Mr. Sharad Mohan||Synthesis and in vitro antispasmodic activity of some esters of benzophenone.|
|2007-08||Ms. Bhavya K||Synthesis and analgesic and anti inflammatory activity of novel dihydropyrimidines.|
|2008-09||Mr. SambiReddy Ch (Co-guide)||Synthesis in vitro anthelmintic and antimicrobial activities of some novel heterocycles derived from fluorobenzothizole|
|2008-09||Ms. Aparna K (Co-guide)||Synthesis and characterization of certain thiazoldinones as possible hypoglycemic agents|
|2010-11||Mr. Mihir Trivedi||Synthesis and characterization of few quinazoline derivatives as possible anti-inflammatory agents|
|2010-11||Mr. Raghunandan S||Synthesis and in vitro cytotoxic activity evaluation of novel bi-heterocyclic systems.|
|2010-11||Mr.Sandeep Reddy||Synthesis and biological activity of certain 1,2,4-triazole derivatives.|
|2011-12||Ms.Veena Jonna||Synthesis and in vitro cytotoxicity study of certain quinazoles|
|2011-12||Mr.Shafiqula Islam||Synthesis and biological activity of certain azoles|
|2012-13||Ms. Sravani K||Synthesis and characterization of INH analogues as anti TB agents|
|Title of the project||Sponsoring agency||Investigator/s||Cost
|Year of start||Duration||Status|
|Design and development of novel mycobacterial enoyl CoA reductase (inhA) inhibitors as anti TB agents||DBT||Dr. G.V.Pujar