- About Us
- Pharm.D (PB)
- PG Diploma
- Anti Ragging Committee
- Grievance Redressal Committee
- Institutional Animals Ethics Committee
- Institutional Human Ethics Committee
- Institutional Research Advisory Committee
- Sexual Harassment Cell
- Institutional Pharmaceutical Society
- Class Representatives
- Institutional Library Committee
- Student Lady Representatives
Dr. K. Mruthunjaya
Name: Dr. K.Mruthunjaya
Present Designation: Asst. Professor
Fax: 0821 – 2548359
|2009||PhD||RGUHS, Karnataka, Bangalore||--|
|1999||M.Pharm||RGUHS, Karnataka, Bangalore||I Class|
Highest qualification: M.Pharm PhD
Area of interest: Herbal Drug Discovery – Screening of medicinal plants for their various biological properties, Isolation of active constituents, formulation & standardization of herbal products (Specific areas are Anticancer, Antidiabetic, Hepatoprotective & Anti-inflammatiory)
|07th February 2000||Till Date||JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore||13 years 2 months|
|Under Graduate||Post Graduate|
Pharmacognosy – I
|--||10 years 1 month||12 years 7 months|
Conference/ seminar attended
Member of professional bodies
|Name of the Professional body||Registration No.||Registration Date|
Reviewer of Journal/s
- Pharmacognosy Magazine. http://www.phcog.com. (ISSN, 0973-1296)
- International Journal of Basic and Clinical Pharmacy. http://jbclinpharm.com (ISSN: 0976-0113)
- International Journal of Health and Allied Sciences
Editorial Board Member:
National Publications: 06
- K. Mruthunjaya, K.G.H. Desai. T. M. Promodkumar. “Biotherapy”. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education . 2004; 38 (1).
- K. Mruthunjaya, V.I. Hukkeri. Antioxidant and free radical scavenging potential of Parkinsonia aculeata Linn. In vitro. Pharmacognosy Magzine. 2008; 4(13): 2012.
- Dharmeshkumar. D. Prajapati, N.M.Patel, S.S.Patel, M.S.Patel, R.V. Savadi, K.S.Akki, K. Mruthunjaya. Pharmacognostic Studies on Actinodaphne hookeri Meissn leaves. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2008; 1(1): 48-54.
- Manish Kumar Gupta, Mruthunjaya Kenganora, Anshgu Banerjee, Laxmi Saini, Vikram Kumar. Pharmacognostical and Phytochemical Evaluation on the Bark of Parkinsonia aculeata Linn. Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Bio-Scientific Research. 2011; 1(1): (86-92).
- J. Ahuja, J. Suresh, N. Paramakrishnan, K. Mruthunjaya, M.N. Naganandhini. Ethnomedical, Phytochemical and Pharmacological Profile of Artemisia parviflora Roxb. Journal of Essential Oil Bearing Plants. 2011;14 (6): 647 – 657.
- Mary Sebastian, Suresh J, Mruthunjaya K, A. Sri Vasavi Reddy and Apurva Singh. An Overview of Pharmacognostical and Pharmacological Properties of Sida rhombifolia. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2012; 4(1): 49-53.
- Priyadarshini, Krishna K. L. Mruthunjaya K. Pharmacognostical evaluation of Justicia gendarussa Burm. Indian Drugs, June 2012.
International Publications: 15
- K. Mruthunjaya, V.I. Hukkeri. Antioxidant and free radical scavenging potential of Justicia gendarussa Burm. Leaves in- vitro. Natural Products Sciences. 2007;13(3): 199-206.
- Dharmeshkumar D.Prajapati1, N.M. Patel1, R.V. Savadi, K.S. Akki and K. Mruthunjaya. Alleviation of alloxan-induced diabetes and its complications in rats by Actinodaphne hookeri leaf extract. Bangladesh J Pharmacol 2008; 3: 102-106.
- KL Krishna, K. Mruthunjaya, JA Patel. Antioxidant and hepatoprotective activity of leaf extract of J. gendarussa Burm. International Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2009; 3(3): 99-110.
- Hukkeri VI, Kenganora M. 2009. Antioxidant and antiradical activity of leaves of Polycarpaea corymbosa in vitro. Acta Hort. (ISHS). 841:523-528
- KL Krishna, K.Mruthunjaya, JA Patel. Anti-oxidant and hepatoprotective potential of stem methanolic extract of Justicia gendarussa Burm International Journal of Pharmacology. 2010; 6(2): 72-80.
- S. N. Manjula, K. Mruthunjaya, R.Vijay, K. Suryakant, K. Vipan Parihar, Nitesh Kumar, K. S. R. Pai, C. Mallikarjuna Rao. Antitumor and in vitro Antioxidant Activity of Ethanol Extract of Stem Bark of Polyalthia longifolia. Pharmaceutical Biology. 2010; 48(6): 690–696.
- J. Suresh, MN. Mahesh, Santilina K.Mruthunjaya. In vivo Evaluation of PPAR-α and PPAR- γ agonist in Hyperlipidimic Induced Wister albino Rats. International journal of Pharmacology. 2010; 6(5): 750-754.
- Dharmeshkumar. D. Prajapati, K. Mruthunjaya, N.M.Patel, S.S.Patel, M.S.Patel, R.V. Savadi. Antioxidant activity of Actinodaphne hookeri Meissn leaves. J. Sci. Res. 2009; 1 (3): 606-614.
- Divya, K.Mruthunjaya, S.N. Manjula Parkinsonia aculeata: A Phytopharmacological Review. Asian Journal of Plant Sciences. 2011;10: 175-181.
- Kamal Kumar Goyal, K. Mruthunjaya, Mythreyi M, Yoganarasimhan S.N, Satish, Kumar B.N. Pharmacognostical studies of Stem bark of Careya arborea Roxb. International Journal of Green Pharmacy. 2011; 5(1): 6-11.
- J.Suresh , K. Mruthunjaya, N. Paramakrishnan, M. N, Naganandhini Determination of Artemisinin In Artemisia arbotanum and Artemisia pallens By LC/MS Method. Int J Curr Pharm Res. 2011;3(1):49-52 .
- Gupta MK, Mruthunjaya K, Garg SK, Kumawat RS, Jain DA. Evaluation of Analgesic, Anti-Inflammatory and Antipyretic Potential of Parkinsonia aculeata Linn. Leaves. International Journal of Research In Pharmacy and Science. 2011; 1(1):100-109.
- Ravishah S, Manjula SN, Mruthunjaya K, Krishnanand P, Pramod Chakravarthy KN, Madhu Raghav M, Javia Sweety, Mina Basirian. Hepatoprotective activity of roots of Lawsonia inermis against Paracetamol and anti-tubercular drugs induced hepatotoxicity in rats. Int. J. Pharm. 2012; 2(2): 306-316
- Gupta MK, Mruthunjaya K, Garg SK, Yadav M, Dhaiya, Kumawat RS. Evaluation of Analgesic, Anti-Inflammatory and Antipyretic Potential of Parkinsonia aculeata Linn. Bark. International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Science. 2012; 2(1):400-409.
- Kumawat RS, Gupta MK. Preparation, Mruthunjaya K. Characterization and Antioxidant Activities of Gallic Acid- Phospholipids Complex. International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Science. 2012; 2(1):138-148.
- Shivkumar Garg, Kenganora Mruthunjaya, Manish Kumar Gupta, Bharat Parashar. Stomach Specific Floating Drug Delivery System: Current Approaches. Asian Journal of Biochemical and Pharmaceutical Research 2012; 1 (Vol. 2): 328-333
- Sweety Javia, S. N. Manjula, K. N. Pramod Chakravarthy, M. Madhu Raghav, Mina Basirian1, K. Mrurhunjaya. Animal Models For Type-2 Diabetes Mellitus: A Review. IJPRD, 2011; Vol 3(12): February-2012 (23 - 33)
- Basirian Mina, V.Ch.Jeevani, Sivan Revathy, Chakravarthy Pramod, Rishi Ragav, S.N.Manjula, K Mruthunjaya. Phytochemical and Microscopical Investigations on Lawsonia inermis Roots. International Journal of Current Pharmaceutical Review and Research, 3(3), 54-59 2012.
- Suresh. J, Sri Vasavi Reddy. A, Hemanth. KSY, Mruthunjaya. K. Nagamani. N. Evaluation on Safety and Efficacy of A Polyherbal Antidiabetic Nutraceutical Formulation. Am. J. PharmTech Res. 2012; 2(5).
|Name of the conference/ seminar and place||Dates|
|INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM on Drug Discovery Paradigm
|September15 -17, 1999|
|NATIONAL SEMINAR on Advances in Industrial Pharmacy & Pharmacy Practice
J.S.S. College of pharmacy, Mysore - 570 015
|23rd & 24th October – 2001|
|INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR on Pharmacovigilance & Medication Safety
J.S.S. College of pharmacy, Mysore - 570 015
|11th, December to 13th December 2003|
|INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE on Health Sciences
J.S.S Medical institutions, Mysore- 570015
|24 – 26 February, December 2005|
|Seminar on Scientific Writing and Publication,
JSS University, Mysore - 570015
|2nd, December 2009|
|Faculty Development Program at J.S.S. College of Pharmacy, Mysore - 570 015,||July 3rd to July 22nd, 2000.|
|15th Indian Convention of Food Scientists & Technologists||12th–13th December 2002, Mysore.|
|International Conference on Health Sciences JSS Medical Institutions, Mysore- 570 015,||February 24-26, 2005.|
|40th Indian Pharmacological Society, Annual Conference, NIPER, Chandigarh, Punjab,||November 1-3 2007.|
|59th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, BHU, Varanasi, Uttarpradesh,||December 19-22, 2007.|
|41st Annual Conference of Indian Pharmacological Society (IPS) - 2008. AIIMS, New Delhi,||December 18-20, 2008.|
|International Herbal Conference 2009. Hotel Ashoka, Bangalore,||February 26-28, 2009.|
|4th Annual National Convention of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India – 2009. Lachoo Memorial College of Science & Technology Pharmacy Wing, Jodhpur, Rajastan,||October 3-4, 2009.|
|44th Annual Conference of Indian Pharmacological Society (IPS) - 2011. Kasturba Medical College, Manipal,||December 19-21, 2011.|
Details of paper presentation in conference/ seminar
|Name of the conference/ seminar and place||Dates||Title of paper presented||Author/s|
|15th Indian Convention of Food Scientists & Technologists||12th–13th December 2002, Mysore.||Evaluation of antimicrobial activity and Bioautographic studies of Curcuma aromatica.||K. Mruthunjaya,
|International Conference on Health Sciences JSS Medical Institutions, Mysore- 570 015,||February 24-26, 2005.||Safety and Efficacy of Herbal Drugs.||S. N. Manjula, K. Mruthunjaya.|
|40th Indian Pharmacological Society, Annual Conference, NIPER, Chandigarh, Punjab,||November 1-3 2007.||Antioxidant and free radical scavenging potential of Justicia gendarussa Burm. Leaves.||K. Mruthunjaya, S. N. Manjula, V.I. Hukkeri.|
|59th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, BHU, Varanasi, Uttarpradesh,||December 19-22, 2007.||Antioxidant and free radical scavenging potential of Parkinsonia aculeata Linn.||K. Mruthunjaya, V. I. Hukkeri.|
|41st Annual Conference of Indian Pharmacological Society (IPS) - 2008. AIIMS, New Delhi,||December 18-20, 2008.||In vitro antioxidant activity of different fractions of leaves of Polycarpaea corymbosa Linn.||K. Mruthunjaya, S. N. Manjula, V. I. Hukkeri.|
|International Herbal Conference 2009. Hotel Ashoka, Bangalore,||February 26-28, 2009.||Hepatoprotective activity of hydro alcoholic extract of leaves of Parkinsonia aculeata Linn.||K. Mruthunjaya, V.I. Hukkeri, SN Manjula, Suresh. J|
|4th Annual National Convention of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India – 2009. Lachoo Memorial College of Science & Technology Pharmacy Wing, Jodhpur, Rajastan,||October 3-4, 2009.||Antioxidant and free radical scavenging activity of roots of Lawsonia inermis. 1||Mruthunjaya K, Suresh, J, Paramkrishnan N.|
|44th Annual Conference of Indian Pharmacological Society (IPS) - 2011. Kasturba Medical College, Manipal,||December 19-21, 2011.||Cytoprotective and cytotoxic potential of Polycarpaea corymbosa.||K. Mruthunjaya, S. N. Manjula, N. Paramakrishnan, J.Suresh.|
|APTICON-2009, Jodhpur||3rd - 4th, October 2009||Antioxidant and free radical scavenging activity of roots of Lawsonia inermis||Mruthunjaya.K
Paramakrishnan and Hukkeri VI
|XLIV Annual Conference of Indian pharmacological society, KMCMU, Manipal.||16th - 18th December, 2013||Cytoprotective and cytotoxic potential of hydroalcoholic extract of polycorpaea Corymbosa leaves||K Mruthunjaya,
Awards and Achievements:
SHORT TERM COURSES/WORKSHOPS:
- Attended FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM at J.S.S. College of Pharmacy, Mysore - 570 015, held between July 3rd to July 22nd, 2000.
- Attended SHORT-TERM COURSE on Medicinal Plant Biotechnology and Herbal Formulation at University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Warangal, andrapradesh conducted by QIP Nodal cell, Warangal between July 1st to July 15th. 2002
- Attended 2 days WORKSHOP on current trends in herbal drugs and standardisation at College of pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal – 576 119, Karnataka on 24th & 25th January, 2003.
- Participated in one day TOT (Training of Teachers on Question paper setting and evaluation, Organized by JSS University, Mysore - 570015 held on 30th March 2012.
Research Guidance details:
|Academic year||Name of the student||Dissertation Title|
|2011-12||Shimna K rajan||Antioxidant and hepatoprotective activity of Polycarpaea corymbosa flowers|
|Mary Sebastian||Evaluation of anti-inflmmatory activity and phytochemical analysis of Polycarpaea corymbosa|
|M. Ihsanullah||Phytochemical investigation of leaves of Actinodaphne hookeri Meissn.|
|Meera Nair||Phytochemical investigation and evaluation of antidiabetic activity of Actinodaphne hookeri Meissn. leaves|