- About Us
- Pharm.D (PB)
- PG Diploma
- Academic Council Board (ACB)
- Anti Ragging Committee
- Course Coordinator Committee
- Cultural Committee
- Hostel Review Committee
- Institutional ISO Committee
- Institutional Library Committee
- Institutional Pharmaceutical Society
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell
- Magazine Committee
- NSS Advisory Committee
- Purchase Committee
- Sports Committee
- Student Wall Magazine Committee
- Grievance Redressal Committee
- Institutional Animals Ethics Committee
- Institutional Human Ethics Committee
- Institutional Research Advisory Committee
- Sexual Harassment Cell
- Class Representatives
- Student Lady Representatives
- Pharmacist's Day Celebration 2013
- Alumni Meet 2012
- Inauguration of Regulatory Affairs Lab
- NSS Camp 2012-13
- New Women's Hostel
- Sports 2012-13
- College Tour
- Pharmafest 2012
- National Pharmacy Week 2012
- Guest Lectures Conducted
- Regulatory News Alert - RNA
- Student Services
Dr. J. Suresh
Present Designation: Professor & Head
Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
|2010||PhD||TN Dr.MGR Medical University,Chennai||-|
|1996||M.Pharm||TN Dr.MGR Medical University,Chennai||II|
Highest qualification: PhD
Area of interest: Immunomodulation activity, Anti-oxidant studies, Standardization of herbal drug, Herbal formulation development and its standardization.
|4th August 1993||20th Nov1994||Lecturer||Golden College of pharmacy, K.G.F||1 year 6 months|
|4th Oct 1996||16th August 1997||Principal||K.M.R College of Pharmacy, Perundurai, TN.||11 months|
|20th August 1997||30th January 1998||Lecturer||Pathmavathi College of pharmacy, Dharmapuri, TN.||5 months|
|5th Feb 1998||Till date||Lecturer||J.S.S. College of pharmacy, Mysore||15 years 2 months|
|Under Graduate||Post Graduate|
|Pharmacognosy & phytopharmaceuticals||Natural product chemistry|
|Nil||17 years||15 years|
Conference/ seminar attended
Member of professional bodies
|Name of the Professional body||Registration No.|
|IPA||(KTK/MYS/ LM / 0049)|
Reviewer of Joural/s:
- Agricultural science and research.
- African journal of Biotechnology
- Mary Sebastian ,Suresh J, Mruthunjaya K, A. Sri Vasavi Reddy, Apurva Singh, An overview of pharmacognostical and pharmacological properties of Sida rhombifolia, Research journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2012; 4(1): 49-52, 2012.
- Dhanya Rajan, Suresh J, N. Paramakrishnan,Sri Vasavi Reddy A,Nayeemullah Khan, Review of Phytochemical and pharmacological properties of Vitex trifolia Linn. Research Journal Of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry.2012; 4(2):124-129.
- A.Sri Vasavi Reddy, J.Suresh, Hemant KS Yadav, Apurva Singh. A Review on Curcuma longa. Research J. Pharm. and Tech.2012; 5 (2): 158-165.
- Ahuja Jitin, J.Suresh, N.Paramakrishnan, Balaji Abhijin, Ahuja P, Conceptual Comparison Between Schedule H And HX Of Drugs & Cosmetics Rules, 1945: Strengthening Laws in Indian Scenario, Asian journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical research, 2011,4 (1), 196-200.
- J.Suresh,K. Mruthunjaya, N.Paramakrishnan, M.N.Naganandhini, HPTLC Method for Quantitative Estimation of Quercetin and Rutin in Artemisia abrotanum, Asian journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical research,2011, 5 (1), 81-87.
- J.Suresh, N.M.Mahesh, J. Ahuja, K.S. Santilna, Review on Artemisia nilagirica (Clarke) Pamp, Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature,2011, I (2),1-6.
- Suresh J,Sri Vasavi Reddy A,Mary Sebastian,Shimna K. Rajan,Jitin ahuja, Antioxidant and Antimicrobial activity of artemisia pallens, Journal of Pharmacognosy and Herbal Formulations,2011, 1:2, 12-18.
- J.Suresh, K.Elango, S.P.Dhanabal. Antioxidant activity of aerial parts of Artemisia abrotanum, Deccan J of Natural Products, 2010, 1 (2),1-5.
- J.Suresh, K.Elango, S.P.Dhanabal, N.Paramakrishnan, B,Suresh, Pharmacognostical evaluation of Artemisia pallens Wall ex DC, Aryavidyan,2007, XX., No.4, 242-248.
- J.Suresh, K.Elango, S.P.Dhanabal, N.Paramakrishnan, B,Suresh, Comparative Pharmacognostical studies of Artemisia species found in Nilgiris biosphere, Ancient Science of Life,2007, XXVII (2), 7-13.
- Joghee Suresh, Jitin Ahuja, Nallupillai Paramakrishnan, Pharmacognostical investigation of Artemisia parviflora roxb, Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine,2012,1(4),123-128.
- Suresh J, Ahuja J,Paramakrishnan N, Mary Sebastian,Total Phenolic and Total Flavonoids Content of Aerial Parts of Artemisia abrotanum Linn. and A. pallens Wall, Analytical Chemistry Letters,2 (3),186-191,2012.
- Paramakrishnan N, Ahuja J, Suresh J, Nayeemullah Khan, Mary Sebastian, Evaluation of Acute toxicity of aerial parts of Artemisia parviflora Roxb. in swiss albino mice, Der Phatmacia Sinica,3(1),99-103,2012.
- Nagamani,J Suresh,J Ahuja,V Reddy, Comparative phytochemical screening of Vatashunga, Shatavari and Shatapushpa claimed for Prajasthapana activity, Annals of Biological Research, 2012, 3(3),1294-1304.
- Mohd. Nayeemullah Khan, J Suresh,KS Hemant Yadav,J Ahuja, Formulation and evaluation of antistress polyherbal capsule, Der Pharmacia Sinica,2012,3(2),177-184.
- Nagamani,J Suresh,J Ahuja,V Reddy, D Rajan, Pharmacognostical evaluation of leaf buds of Ficus bengalensis L., Asian Journal of Plant Science and Research, 2012, 2 (1):25-29.
- Ahuja J, Suresh J, Paramakrishnan N, Mruthunjaya K, Naganandhini MN, An Ethnomedical, Phytochemical And Pharmacological Profile Of Artemisia Parviflora Roxb., J. of Essential oil Bearing Plants,2011, 14(6),647-657.
- J. Ahuja, J. Suresh, A. Deep, Madhuri, Prathyusa, Ravitheja, Phytochemical Screening of Aerial Parts of Artemisia parviflora Roxb.: A medicinal, Der Pharmacia Lettre,2011, 3 (6):116-124.
- Suresh J,Apurava singh,Sri Vasavi Reddy A,Ihsanulla M,Mary Sebastian, Phytochemical and pharmacological properties of Artemisia pallens, International Journal of pharmaceutical sciences and research,2011, 2(12),3081-3090.S
- uresh J,Sri Vasavi Reddy A,Dhanya Rajan, Ihsanullah. M, Nayeemullah Khan, Antimicrobial activity of artemisia pallens andArtimesia abrotanum, International Journal of pharmacognsoy and phytochemsitry, 2011,3(2), 18-21.
- Suresh, S.Satish,M.N.Mahesh,Santilna, K.Mruthunjaya, In Vivo evaluation of PPAR- γ and PPAR-β agonist in hyperlipidemia induced wister albino rats, International Journal of pharmacology,2010, 6(5):750-754.
- J.Suresh,K. Mruthunjaya, N.Paramakrishnan, M.N.Naganandhini, Determination of Artemisinin in Artemisia abrotanum and Artemisia pallens by LC/MS method, International Journal of Current Pharmaceutical Research, 2011,Vol 3 (1), 49-52.
- J.Suresh, K.Elango, S.P.Dhanabal, N.Paramakrishnan, B,Suresh, Pharmacognostical evaluation of Artemisia abrotanum Linn, Harmdad medicus,2009,l-(52), 132-139.
- Attended National seminar on Pharmaceutical Sciences in the Next Millennium-Emerging Trends and challenge ahead, Organized by J.S.S.College of Pharmacy, Ooty on November 21-22, 1998.
- Participated in INTERNATIONAL Conference on Health Sciences organized by J.S.S Medical institutions, Mysore- 570015 held between 24 – 26 February, 2005.
- Attended International conference on Globalization of Traditional, Complimentary and Alternative systems of Medicine-2006, held at faculty of Horticulture, Horticultural College& Research University, Coimbatore-India, 16-18th, March-2006.
- Attended II National Convention of Pharmacy Educator, Organized by College of Pharmacy, Sri Ramakrishna Institute of Paramedical Sciences, Coimbatore, 0n 4th and 5th , March-2006.
- Attended Second International Convention and Indo-Canadian Satellite Symposium on Pharmaceutical Science, Technology, Practice and Natural Products, organized by J.S.S. Collge of Pharmacy, Ooty on February 24-26, 2007.
- Attended International seminar herbal drugs research: present and future prospects, J.S.S. College of pharmacy, ooty, tamilnadu, India, Dec 4-5th, 2009.
- Participated as delegate in the workshop on “Research projects- Why, What and how” held on 6th march 2010.
- Attended IPA Convention-2010 on March 13th & 14th 2010 at Chennai.
- Attended Indo-European Symposium on Alternative Approaches to Animal Testing on 8th December 2010, organized by TIFAC CORE in Herbal drugs, J.S.S. Collge of Pharmacy, Ooty.
- Attended National workshop on potential of medicinal plants of nilgisis biosphere reserve (Western Ghats), Organized by Detp. Of phytopharmcy and phytomedicine (TIFAC CORE HD), JSS College of Pharmacy, ooty, 8th -10th Dec 2011.
- Attended the workshop on “Leadership Development Programme” organized by JSS University on September 10th and 11th 2012.
- Participated as a delegate for the “Indo South Afirca Workshop on Traditional Medicine System: Sharing Knowledge and experience” sponsored by Dept. of Science & Technology Govt. of Republic of India and South Africa at J.S.S. Collge of Pharmacy, Ooty, form 29th to 31st October 2012.
Research paper Presentations:
|S.No||Date||Title||Authors||Name of the conference and venue|
|1||2nd and 3rd, Oct-2004||Investigation of Capparis zeylanicum Linn for its Analgesic and antipyretic activity.||J.Suresh, Ghula, M.muruganathan.,||Apti-2004 Andra university, Visakapatnam|
|2||25th and 26th Feb. 2005.||Traditional medicinal plants in Nilgiris in India||J.Suresh, S.P.Dhanbal, B.Suresh||International conference on health sciences, Myosre|
|3||17-18th Oct-2005.||Evaluation of Polygala aravensis forHepactoprotective and antioxidant activity in D- Galatosamine induced liver damage.||J.Suresh, S.P.Dhanbal, N.Mahadevan B.Suresh||APTI-2005 Rashrisant Tukodoji Maharaja Nagpur University|
|4||2nd -4th , Dec-2005.||Microbiological Screening of Essential oils of various species of Artemisia||J.Suresh, S.P.Dhanabol, N.Pramakrishnan||57th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, , Hyderabad|
|5||25th and 26th February 2005.||Indian Drugs- an Analysis of Citation Pattern||J.Suresh, K.Elango, S.P.Dhanabol. B.Suresh||International conference on health sciences, Myosre|
|6||1st to 3rd December 2006||A Comparative Histological and Physicochemical Evaluation of Potential Species of Artemisia (Asteraceae) found in Nilgiris’s Hills, Tamilnadu.||J.Suresh, K.Elango, S.P.Dhanabol. B.Suresh||58th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, Goregaon, Mumbai.|
|7||1st-3rd sept-2006.||A Comparative Pharmacognostical Evaluation of two Artemisia species (Asteraceae) found in nilgiris biosphere.||J.Suresh, K.Elango, S.P.Dhanabol B.suresh||APTI-11th annual national convention 2006, , Bangalore|
|8||February 24 to26, 2007.||Activity guided isolation of active constituents from Phyllanthus maderaspatensis Linn. using free radical scavenging assay models||J.Suresh, K.Elango, K.Janarthanan||II International Convention and Indo-Canadian Satellite Symposium on Pharmaceutical Science, Technology, Practice and Natural Products, J.S.S. College of Pharmacy, Ooty|
|9||Dec 11-13, 2009.||Antimicrobial activity study if Artemisia abrotanum and Artemisia pallens||Santilna K.S. J.Suresh, Maheah N.M.||61st Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, Nirma university, Ahmedabad, India|
|10||Dec 4-5th,2009||HPTLC method for quantitative estimation of quercetin and Rutin in Artemisia pallens Linn.||Suugandha das. J.Suresh, Vineela.S. Dhanabal S.P.||International seminar on herbal drugs research: present and future prospects, J.S.S. College of Pharmacy, Ooty, tamilnadu, India.|
|11||Feb 26-28,2009.||Antioxidant activity of aerial parts of Artemisia abrotanum,||J.Suresh, K.Elango, S.P.Dhanabol. B.Suresh||International Herbal conference held at Bangalore. India.|
|12||17-19th Dec,2010||Antioxidant and Antimicrobial activity of Artemisia pallens||Sri Vasavi Reddy A, Suresh J, Paramakrishnan , Mary Sebastian, Shimna K. Rajan||62nd IPC, Manipal|
|13||17-19th Dec,2010||Study of the Immunomodulatory activity of Artemisia abrotanum.||Jitin Ahuja, J.Suresh, K.Mruthunjaya, Apurva Singh, Nayeem Khan||62nd IPC, Manipal|
|14||19-21st Dec,2011||Cytoprotective and cytotoxic potential of hydroalcoholic extract of polycorpaea Corymbosa leaves||K Mruthunjaya, Manula S.N, Suresh J, N. Paramakrishnan||XLIV Auunal Conference of Indian pharmacological society, KMCMU, Manipal.|
|15||16-18th Dec,2011||Conceptual Comparison Between Schedule H And Hx Of Drugs & Cosmetics Rules, 1945: Strengthening Laws In Indian Scenario||Abhijin Balaji, J. Suresh, Jitin Ahuja, KSY Hemant||63rd IPC, Bangaluru|
|16||16-18th Dec,2011||Pharmacognostical And Phytochemical Studies Of Leaves Of Ixora Coccinea Linn.||Apurva Singh, J. Suresh, N. Paramakrishnan, Mruthunjaya K.M.||63rd IPC, Bangaluru|
|17||22-25th Nov,2011||Antioxidant activity of Artemisia parviflora Roxb. from Nilgiris Hills||Jitin Ahuja, J. Suresh, K Mruthunjaya, N. Paramakrishnan, A. Singh||1st Indian Forest Congress, New delhi|
Awards and Achievements:
- Completed Ph.D in fulltime under Quality Improvement Programme sponsored by AICTE New Delhi.
- Participated as chairperson for the scientific poster session in the international seminar on herbal drug research organized by JSS College of pharmacy ooty, Nilgiris, Tamilnadu, during 4th and 5th December 2009.
- Honored as a Reviewer of Journal of agricultural science and research (ISSN:1680-2023) and African journal of Biotechnology.
Details of Research Guidance:
|Academic year||Name of the student||Dissertation Title|
|2011-12||Jitin Ahuja||Pharmacognostical, Phytochemical and pharmacological studies on aerial parts of Artemisia parviflora|
|2011-12||A.Vasavi Reddy||Formulation of Antidiabetic Nutraceutical and its Evaluation|
|2011-12||Md.Nayeemullah Khan||Evaluation of preformulation and formulation Parameters of anti stress herbal capsule|
|2011-12||Dhanya Rajan||Phytochemical and Pharmacological Studies Xanthium strumarium.|
|2011-12||Apurva singh||Antidiabetic activity of aerial parts of Ixora pavetta|
Any other achievements:
SHORT TERM COURSES/WORKSHOPS:
- Attended Quality improvement programme in “Challenges in Standardizing Traditional / Herbal Formulations, at J.S.S. College of Pharmacy, ooty held between 25th Feb to 8th March 2008.
- Attended Quality improvement programme in “Advance, techniques in Experimental Pharmacology” at Dept. of pharmacology, at J.S.S. College of Pharmacy, Ooty, Tamilnadu between 30th March to 6th April 2007.
- Attended Staff development programme on “Current trend in Herbal Research, Formulation Development & standardization Criteria” at Dept. of phytopharmacy & phytomedicine, J.S.S. College of Pharmacy, Ooty, Tamilnadu held between 05th -17th March 2007.
- Attended Staff development programme on” New frontier’s in herbal drug research based on traditional practices” at Dept. of phytopharmacy & phytomedicine, J.S.S. College of Pharmacy, Ooty, Tamilnadu held between 25th Feb to 8th March 2008.