- About Us
- Pharm.D (PB)
- PG Diploma
- Anti Ragging Committee
- Grievance Redressal Committee
- Institutional Animals Ethics Committee
- Institutional Human Ethics Committee
- Institutional Research Advisory Committee
- Sexual Harassment Cell
- Institutional Pharmaceutical Society
- Class Representatives
- Institutional Library Committee
- Student Lady Representatives
Dr. Hemant K.S.Yadav
Name: Dr. Hemant K. S. Yadav
Present Designation : Asst. Professor
Highest qualification: Ph.D.
Area of interest: To do research on novel drug delivery systems such as mucoadhesive systems, transdermal systems etc. using various polymers. Worked on nanoparticles for oral and topical applications, medicated chewing gums, pH sensitive microparticles, Liposomes for intravaginal drug delivery, micro particulate systems for nasal delivery.
|January 2002||September 2002||Dr. Reddy’s Lab, Hyderabad.||9 months|
|August 2004||April 2005||Strides Arcolab Ltd. Bangalore.||9 months|
|May 2005||Till date||JSS College of Pharmacy,Mysore||7 years 11 months|
|Under Graduate||Post Graduate|
|Pharmaceutical engineering, Formulative industrial pharmacy||--||Novel drug delivery systems|
|18 months||7 years 11 months||6 years|
Conference/ seminar attended
Member of professional bodies
|Name of the Professional body||Registration No.||Registration Date|
Reviewer of Journal/s
- Carbohydrate polymers (Elsevier publishers)
- Journal of biomedical materials research (Wiley publishers)
- Hemant K.S.Y, H.G. Shivakumar. Formulation and evaluation of chitosan hydrogels as a stomach specific delivery systems of Amoxicillin trihydrate and Metronidazole. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences.2007.
- K.S.Y Hemant, H.G. Shivakumar. A Comparative Study of N-Trimethyl Chitosan Chloride and Chitosan Microparticles as Novel Carriers for the Delivery of Hypertensive Drug. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2010; 3(4):809-813.
- K.S.Y. Hemant, Mangla Nand Singh , H.G.Shivakumar. Chitosan/sodium tripolyphosphate cross linked microspheres for the treatment of gastric ulcer. Der pharmacia lettre. 2010; 2(6): 106-113.
- Gunjan B. Joshi, K.S.Y Hemant, Mangla Nand Singh, Shivakumar H.G. Development of pH Sensitive Hydrogel for Intestinal Delivery of Methyl prednisolone Using Novel Chitosan Derivative. International Journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical science. 2011; 3: 200-203.
- Ravi Teja Allena, K.S.Y. Hemant, Sandina Swetha, Sarat Chandra Prasad M, Formulation and evaluation of transdermal patches of metformin hydrochloride for sustained release using natural polymer. International Journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical science. 2012; 4: 297-302.
- Sri Vasavi Reddy, J Suresh, K.S.Y Hemant, Apurva Singh. A review on curcuma longa, Research journal of Pharmacy and technology. 2012; 5: 158-165.
- Mohd. N Khan, J Suresh, K.S.Y Hemant, J Ahuja. Formulation and evaluation of antistress polyherbal capsule. Der Pharmacia Sinica. 2012; 3: 177-184.
- Nagavarma B V N, Hemant K.S.Yadav*, Ayaz A, Vasudha L.S, Shivakumar H.G, Different techniques for preparation of polymeric nanoparticles- A review. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutics and clinical research. 2012, 5, 16-23. (impact factor -0.32)
International Publications :
- KSY Hemant* and HG Shivakumar. Development of Chitosan Acetate Films for Possible Transdermal Delivery of Propranolol Hydrochloride, Tropical journal of pharmaceutical research, 2010; 9 (2): 197-203.
- Hemant K.S. Yadav*, Gunjan B. Joshi, Mangla N. Singh and Hoskote G. Shivakumar. Naturally occurring chitosan and chitosan derivatives: A review. Current drug therapy. 2011, 6, 2-11.
- Yaduvanshi M. Ram, Hemant K.S. Yadav*, Mangla N. Singh and Hosakote G. Shivakumar. Nanoparticles a promising carriers in drug targeting – a review. Current drug therapy. 2011, 6, 87-96.
- M.N. Singh, K.S.Y. Hemant*, M. Ram and H.G. Shivakumar. Microparticles a promising technique for controlled drug delivery. Research in Pharm. science. 2010; 5(2): 65-77.
- M N Singh, KSY Hemant*, Munshi Ram, H G Shivakumar. Freeze dried chitosan/ poly-(glutamic acid) microparticles for intestinal delivery of lansoprazole. Current drug Delivery. 2012, 9, 95-104.
- D V Gowda, KSY Hemant*, Afrasim moin, H G Shivakumar. Preparation evaluation and bioavailability studies of sugarcane wax microspheres containing Indomethacin. Tropical journal of pharmaceutical research. 2011, 11, 177-183.
- Lavanya R, Afrasim Moin, Hemant KSY*, H.G.Shivakumar, Preparation and Characterization of Poly(Acrylic Acid-Co-Methyl Methacrylate) Microparticles as Sustained Drug Delivery System of Antihypertensive Drugs, Acta Pharmaceutica Sciencia, 2011, 53, 199-210.
- Babu madhu, Yadav Hemant Kumar Singh*, moin afrasim, shivakumar hosakote gurumallapa In vitro –in vivo evaluation of Poly (2-Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate-co-Methyl Methacrylate) Hydrogels of Cisplastin implants. Acta Pharmaceutica sinica, 2011;1(4):261–267.
- Yaduvanshi M. Ram, Hemant K.S. Yadav*, Mangla N. Singh, H.G.Shivakumar. Formulation and evaluation of chitosan/chondriotin sulphate complex microcapsules for controlled delivery of water soluble drug. Latin American J of Pharmacy. 2011, 30 (9): 1824-32.
- Ayaz ahmed, Hemant K.S. Yadav*, Vasudha L, Nagverma, H.G.Shivakumar . Mucoadhesive nanoparticulate System for oral drug delivery: a Review. Current drug therapy. 2012, 7, 42-55.
- Hemant K.S. Yadav*, H.G.Shivakumar, In vitro and In vivo evaluation of pH sensitive Hydrogels of Carboxymethyl chitosan for Intestinal delivery of Theophylline. ISRN Pharmaceutics, 2012, 2, 1-9.
- Suresh J, Vasavi Reddy, Hemant K.S.Y, Mruthunjaya K, Nagamani M, Evaluation on Safety and efficacy of a polyherbal antidiabetic nutraceutical formulation. American Journal of Pharmtech Research. 2012, 2(5), 1-8.
Conference Attended: 05
|Name of the conference/ seminar and place||Dates||Title of paper presented||Author/s|
|Indian Pharmaceutical congress (IPC) 2004 kolkata||3-5 December||Preparation and in vitro evaluation of chitosan microparticles as stomach specific delivery of Amoxicillin trihydrate and Metronidazole for treatment of H.Pylori||Hemant K S Yadav, H G Shivakumar|
|Indian Pharmaceutical congress (IPC) 2008 New Delhi||12-14 December||Formulation and evaluation of microparticles of synthesized N-trimethyl chitosan Chloride||Hemant K S Yadav, H G Shivakumar|
|68 th FIP Basel, Switzerland August 2008.||29 August – 4 September||Formulation and evaluation of films and microparticles of chitosan derivatives||Hemant K S Yadav, H G Shivakumar|
|Academic year||Name of the student||Dissertation Title|
|2009-10||Mr. Gunjan B Joshi||Formulation and evaluation of carboxymethyl chitosan based hydrogels for intestinal drug delivery|
|2010-11||Mr. Mangla N Singh||Formulation and evaluation of chitosan based microparticles for lansoprazole|
|2010-11||Mr. Munshi Ram||Formulation and evaluation of chitosan/chondriotin sulphate complex microcapsules for controlled delivery of water soluble drug|
|2011-12||Mr. Ayaz Ahmed||Formulation And Evaluation Of Mucoadhesive Nanoparticulate System Of Poorly Absorbed Drug|
|2011-12||Mr. Nagverma N||Formulation and evaluation of polymeric nanoparticulate gel for topical delivery|
|2011-12||Ms. Vasudha L||Formulation and evaluation of chewing gum based system containing chitosan and antibacterial agent.|
|2011-12||Mohd. Nayeemullah Khan||Formulation and Evaluation of antistress polyherbal capsule|
|2011-12||Ms. Vasavi Reddy||Formulation and Evaluation of anti diabetic nutraceutical tablets|
|2012-13||Mr. Hemanth Kumar S||Preparation and evaluation of pH sensitive micro-particles by spray drying technique|
|2012-13||Ms. Navya M||Formulation and evaluation of liposomal gel for intravaginal drug delivery|
|2012-13||Ms. TashiChhojomKhom||Development of mucoadhesivemultiparticulate system for nasal drug delivery|
|2012-13||Mr. N Sankeerth||Development and evaluation of lipid drug delivery system using nanostructured lipid carriers (Dr. Reddys Lab.)|
Any other achievements:
- Rank holder in Rajiv Gandhi University of health sciences, Bangalore, India in M.Pharm 2004.