- About Us
- Pharm.D (PB)
- PG Diploma
- Anti Ragging Committee
- Grievance Redressal Committee
- Institutional Animals Ethics Committee
- Institutional Human Ethics Committee
- Institutional Research Advisory Committee
- Sexual Harassment Cell
- Institutional Pharmaceutical Society
- Class Representatives
- Institutional Library Committee
- Student Lady Representatives
Dr. D. Vishakante Gowda
Name: Dr. D.Vishakante Gowda
Present Designation: Professor
|1989||B Pharm||Mysore University||First Class|
|2005||M Pharm||Mysore University||First Class|
Highest qualification: PhD In Pharmacy
Area of interest: Controlled drug delivery
|10th October 1989||21st August1990||Lecturer||Bharti college of pharmacy, KM Doddi||10 months|
|22nd August 1990||31st December 2004||Lecturer||JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore||14 years 2 months|
|1st January 2005||16th June 2006||Assistant Professor||JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore||1 year 5 months|
|17th June 2006||Till date||Professor||JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore||---|
|Under Graduate||Post Graduate|
|`Dispensing and formulative pharmacy, foresnisc pharmacy, Pharmaceutical engineering, Pharmaceutical technology and biopharmaceutics||NA||Advanced Pharmaceutics, Industrial Pharmacy|
|---||23 years||6 years|
Member of professional bodies
|Name of the Professional body||Registration No.||Registration Date|
Reviewer of Joural/s
- D.V.Gowda, V.S.Dattamurthy, T.M.Pramod kumar, R.S.Bhat, Shaji M V. and R.Suresh kumar, Salient features of I.P. 1996 over I.P. 1985 edition with respect to pharmaceutics course. Ind.J.Pharm.Edu., 199; 33(1), 20-21.
- D.V.Gowda, G.Parthasarathi and H.G. Shivakumar, Comparative bioavailability of two marketed piroxicam formulations in healthy human volunteers, Indian Drugs, 2003; 40: 573-576.
- D.V.Gowda, H.G. Shivakumar and T.M.Pramod kumar, Floating controlled drug delivery system for prolonged gastric residence- A review, Ind.J.Pharm.Edu., 2004; 38(4):172- 181.
- D.V.Gowda and H.G. Shivakumar, Encapsulation of griseofulvin into waxes/fat microspheres. Preparation, characterization and release kinetics, Indian Drugs, 2005; 42(7): 453 – 460.
- D.V.Gowda, H.G. Shivakumar, R.S.Krishna and R.S.Das, Nanoparticles- Targeting neuro therapeutic agents through the blood brain barrier, Indian Drugs, 2005; 42 (11):709- 717.
- D.V.Gowda, H.G. Shivakumar, R.S.Krishna and M.S.Bannerjee, Nanoparticles- A novel controlled drug delivery system, Ind.J.Pharm.Edu,2006;.40( 1): 2006, 15- 18.
- D.V.Gowda and H.G. Shivakumar, Comparative bioavailability of indomethacin from two controlled release formulations in healthy albino sheep, Ind.J.Pharm.Sci., 2006; 68(6), 760-763.
- D.V.Gowda and H.G. Shivakumar, Preparation and evaluation of waxes/fat microspheres loaded with lithium carbonate for controlled release Ind.J.Pharm.Sci.,2007; 69(2):251- 256.
- D.V.Gowda and H.G. Shivakumar, Encapsulation of Theophylline into waxes/fat microspheres. Preparation, characterization and release kinetics, Hamdard Medicus, 2007; 50 (3):69-81.
- D.V.Gowda, H.G. Shivakumar and Darshan J., Micro porous membrane drug delivery system for theophylline. Indian Drugs 2008;45(4):265-278.
- D.V.Gowda, Venkataraju M.P, K.S.Rajesh and H.G. Shivakumar, Preparation and evaluation of once-daily propranolol hydrochloride extended-release matrix tablets by using locust bean gum, Ind.J.Pharm.Edu.&Res., 2008;42(2): 248- 255.
- D.V.Gowda, Girish, H.G. Shivakumar, Preparation, characterization and release kinetics of Aceclofenac carnauba wax microspheres for controlled release, Ind.J.Pharm.Edu. &Res., 2008;42(2): 248- 255.
- D.V.Gowda, H.G. Shivakumar and R.S.Krishna. Preparation and evaluation of Double coated poly (Butyl cyano crylate) nanoparticulate deliver system for brain targeting of D- Kyotorphin via oral administration, Ind.J.Pharm.Edu. & Res., 2009;43(1), 105 -113
- D.V.Gowda, C.N.Somashekhara, K.Gowthamarajan, N.Rajesh,Siddaramaiah. Formulation and evaluation of ketoprofen loaded transdermal drug delivery. Int. J. Pharm Res.,2009;1(40): 40-47.
- D.VGowda, Afrasim Moin, H.G. Shivakumar ,Rajesh.Nand Siddaramaiah. Controllred release behaviour of nifedipine from the pellets of gelucire / glyveryl palmito stearrate / microcrystalline cellulose blends. Intl J Pharm Tech Res.2010; 2(2): 1215-1226.
- D.V.Gowda,N.Rajesh,Siddaramaiah, C.N.Somashekhara. Formulation and evaluation of biopolymers based transdermal drug delivery. Int J Pharm. Pharma Sci.2010;2(2):142-147.
- D.V.Gowda, Manjunath M, Jagdish RL, M.Shuaib khan Synthesis and characterization of polyesteramide polymer for drug delivery applications.- Int. J Pharma and Biosci.2010;1;1-10.
- D.V.Gowda, Khan M.S, Nawaz Mohammed & Shivakumar H.G.Preparation and evaluation of microporous drug delivery system. Int. J Pharma and Biosci.2010;1;1-12.
- D.V.Gowda, Rajesh.N, Nawaz Mohammed & Shivakumar H.G, Siddaramaiah. Preparation, characterization and release kinetics of encapsulated lithium carbonate into wax microspheres.Pharm Sci Monit. 2010; 1(1) : 60 -74.
- D.V.Gowda, khan M.S and Nagendra R. Development and evaluation of Spray dried Indapamide microparticles. Int. J Pharma and Biosci. 2010; 1(4): 137 – 144.
- D.V.Gowda,N.Rajesh,Siddaramaiah, C.N.Somashekhara. Development and evaluation of aceclofenac loaded transdermal film.Int. J Pharm Tech Res. 2010;2:2224 - 2233.
- D.V.Gowda,N.Rajesh, H.G.Shivakumar,Siddaramaiah, Nawaz Mohammed.Development and evaluation of oral controlled release aceclofenac sodium pellets.Pharm Sci Monit. 2010; 9: 360-381.
- D.V.Gowda, N.Rajesh, Siddaramaiah. Formulation and evaluation of controlled release behavior of diltiazem hydrochloride from the pellets of chitosan and microcrystalline belnds. Pharm Sci Monit. 2010; 1: 429 - 447.
- D.V.Gowda, Gaurav M.P, H.V.Gangadharappa Khan M.S.Preparation and evaluation of mixture of eudragit and ethyl cellulose microparticles loaded with ranolazine for controlled release. J Young Pharm 2011; 3:190 – 197.
- D.V.Gowda, Rohan D Deshpande, Nawaz Mahammed, Deeepak N Maramwar. Bilayer tablets An emerging trend: A review. Int J Pharm Sci & Res. 2011; 2: 2534 – 2544.
- Gowda D.V, Afifa Bathool, Mohammed S. Khan Vikas Kumar Gupta. Pelletization as a key tool for oral drug delivery :A review. J Pharm Sci 2011; 4: 3282 – 3286.
- Gowda D.V., Vikas Kumar Gupta, Mohammed S. Khan.. Encapsulation of clozapine into beeswax microspheres:Preparation, characterization and release kinetics. Int J Pharm Tech Res. 2011;3:2199 – 2207.
- Gowda D.V, Mohammed S. Khan, Afifa Bathool. Preparation and evaluation of metoprolol succinate porous tablets for controlled drug delivery. J Pharm Res. 2011; 4: 25 32.
- Gowda D.V, Nawaz Mohammed & Rohan Deshpande. Modified polysaccharide as drug delivery: Review. Int J Pharm Sci Rev & Res 2011;11: 42 – 47.
- Gowda D.V, Aravindaram A.S , Vikas kumar Gupta , Ayas Ahmed. Formulation and evaluation of propafenone hydrochloride matrix pellets for controlled release. Invent NDDS 2012; 2: 12 – 19
- Gowda D.V, Mohammed S. Khan, Rohithas Kumar. Preparation and evaluation of sprayed dried microparticles using chitosan and novel chitosan derivative for controlled release of an anti psychotic drug. Int J Biol Pharm Res 2012; 3: 113 -121.
- Gowda D.V, Aravindaram A.S, Mohammed S. Khan, B.Vishwanath. Development and evaluation of indomethacin matrix pellets for controlled releases Elix Pharm 2012; 46: 8248 – 8254.
- Gowda D.V, Rohan Deshpande, Nawaz Mohammed, Deepak N Maramwar. Design & evaluation of mouth dissolving tablets of ebastine by sublimation technique. Der Pharmacia Lettre 2011; 3: 193 – 199.
- Gowda D.V, Afifa Bathool, Mohammed S. Khan, Ayaz Ahmed, Vasudha S.L, Rohitas K. Development and evaluation of microporous osmotic tablets of diltiazem hydrochloride. J Adv Pharm Tech Res 2012; 3:124 – 129.
- Gowda D.V, Aravind Ram AS, Mohammed S. Khan, Vijaykumar. Encapsulation of olanzapine into wax/fat microspeheres. Preparation, characterization nd release kinetics. Elixir Pharm. 2012; 48: 9329-9335.
- D.V.Gowda, H.G. Shivakumar and Darshan J., Preparation and evaluation of Microporous drug delivery system loaded with theophylline for controlled release, Asian J Pharm.Sci., 2007; 2(2),58– 67,
- D.V.Gowda, Venkataraju M.P, K.S.Rajesh & H.G. Shivakumar, Xanthan and locust bean gum(from certonia siliqua) matrix tablets for oral controlled delivery of propranolol hydrochloride. Asian J Pharm.Sci., 2008;2(6), 239- 248.
- D.V.Gowda, Venkataraju M.P, H.G. Shivakumar, Xanthan and locust bean gum(from certonia Siliqua) matrix tablets for oral controlled delivery of Metaprolol tartarate, Current Drug Therapy, 2008; 3 (1):1 – 8.
- D.V.Gowda, K.S. Rajesh & Venkataraju M.P. Effect of hydrophilic natural gums in formulation of oral-controlled release matrix tablets of propranolol HcL. Pak.J.Pharm.Sci., 2009;22(2);211-219.
- D.V.Gowda, V Ravi, H.G. Shivakumar & Siddaramaiah Hatna Preparation. evaluation and bioavailability studies of indomethacin bees wax microspheres. J Mater Sci Mater Med. March 2009;20:1447-1456.
- D.V.Gowda, Rajesh N, H.G.Shivamkumar, Siddaramaiah. Comparative bioavailability studies of two indomethacin controlled release formulations in healthy albino sheeps. Adv. Matr. Res. – 2010;123;307-310.
- D.V.Gowda, Manjunath M, Jagdish RL, M.Shuaib Khan. Preparation. evaluation and bioavailability studies of indomethacin loaded PEA polymeric microspheres for controlled drug delivery.Der Pharmacia Sinica. 2010;1(2): 141 – 155.
- Gowda D.V. Mohammed S. Khan, Venkatesh M.P, Sowjanya A.S., Shivakumar H.G. Preparation and Evaluation of HPMC and Eudragit Microparticles loaded with Diltiazem Hydrochloride for Controlled Release. Der Pharmacia Lattre 2010;2(5):387- 398.
- Gowda D.V. Mohammed S. Khan, H.G.Shivakumar.Advanncement in vaccinology New era in formulation strategies.: A Review. Curr. Drug Ther.2011;6(2): 1 – 8.
- Gowda D.V., Manjunath.M, Balamuralidhaa. V, Mohammed S. Khan.Study on encapsulation of ranolazine in beeswax microspheres:Preparation, characterization and release kinetics of microspheres.Der Pharmacia Lettre. 2010 ;2(6):232 – 243.
- Gowda D.V, Mohammed S. Khan, Afifa Bathool. Formulation and characterization of piroxicam floating microspheres for prolonged gastric retention. Der Pharmacia Lettre. 2010 ;2(6):217 – 222.
- Gowda D.V. Tanuja. D, Mohammed S. Khan, H.G.Shivakumar. Formulation and evaluation of In -situ gel of Diltiazem HCl for nasal delivery. Der Pharmacia Lettre 2011;3(1): 371-381.
- D.V.Gowda, Manjunath M, Jagdish RL, M.Shuaib Khan. Preparation and evaluation of lithium carbonate loaded PEA microsphres for controlled drug delivey. Lat.Amer. J Pharm. 2011;30(3): 452-458.
- D.V.Gowda, Vishal Gupta, M.Shuaib Khan, Mangala N Sing. Development and evaluation of modified locust bean microparticles for controlled release. Lat.Amer. J Pharm. 2011;30(3): 519-526.
- D.V.Gowda, A.AravindRam, Raghu Nandan, M.Shuaib Khan.Development and evaluation of ketoprofen loaded biopolymer based transdermal film.Der Pharmacia Lettre 2011; 3: 233 – 244.
- D.V.Gowda, N.Rajesh, H.G.Shivakumar, Siddaramaiah. Bioequivalance study of indomethacin from loaded spermaceti wax microspheres on healthy albino sheeps Jord J pharm Sci 2011;4: 124 – 135.
- D.V.Gowda, Rohan D Deshpande, S.Vasanthi, Nawaz Mahammed, Deeepak N Maramwar. Design and evaluation of mouth dissolving tablets of ebastine by sublimation technique. Der Pharmacia Lettre 2011 ;3:193 – 199.
- D.V.Gowda,Vishal Gupta N, BalamuralidharaV, Khan M.S.Formulation and evaluation of olanzapine matrix pellets for controlled release. DARU 2011;19: 249 – 256.
- DVGowda & Mohammed SKhan. Nanoparticles: A boon for modernisation of drug delivery: A review. Int J Nanopart. 2011; : 389 – 411.
- Gowda D.V, Mohammed S. Khan, Aravindaram A.S, H.G.Shivakumar. encapsulation of theophylline into binary blend of ethyl cellulose and eudragit microparticles: Development, characterization and release kinetics. Jordan J Pharm Sci 2011; 4: 237 – 249.
- Gowda D.V, KSY Hemanth, Afrasin Moin, HGShivakumar. Preparation and characterization of sugar cane wax microspheres containing indomethacin. Trop J Pharm Res 2012; 11: 177 -183.
Awards and Achievements:
- D.V.Gowda and H.G.Shivakumar presented a poster ‘’Comparative bioavailabilty studies on two controlled release formulations of indomethacin in healthy albino sheeps following a single dose oral’’ in International conference on health sciences held at JSS Health institution campus, Mysore on 25th and 26th Feb. 2005and the poster adjudicated as best poster ( III place).
- M.Vijay kumar, D.V.Gowda and H.G.Shivakumar presented a poster ‘’Preparation, evaluation and comparative bioavailabilty studies of indomethacin loaded beeswax ’’ in IPA conference held at DIPSAR on 14th and 15th March 2009 and the poster adjudicated as best poster ( II place).
- D.V.Gowda, R.SKrishna and H.G.Shivakumar published aresearch article in Ind.J.Pharm.Edu. & Res., (2009;43(1), 105 -113) entitled ‘Preparation and evaluation of Double coated poly (Butyl cyano crylate) nanoparticulate deliver system for brain targeting of D- Kyotorphin via oral administration’’ in 15th APTICON held at Hyderbad on 2nd and 3rd Nov. 2010 and the research article won the Dr. R.L.Nikhore award adjudicated as best research article in Pharmaceutics.
|Title of the project||Sponsoring agency||Investigator/s||Cost
|Year of start||Duration||Status|
|Development and evaluation of porous tablets for oral vaccination for treatment of Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli infection||Dept. Of Science and Technology (DST||Dr. D V Gowda||22.15 lakhs.||2012||3 years||Under progress|
|Sl. No||Name of Student||TOPICS|
|2005||Siddharth Shukla||Validation of (HPLC and UV spectrophotometer) for terbutaline sulphate adrenaline bitartrate analysis for bulk drug|
|2006||Maganti Radha Srikrishna||Double-coated poly (butyl cyanoacrylate) nanparticulate delivery systems for brain targeting of D-kyotorphin via oral administration|
|2007||Darshan J||Preparation and evaluation of Microporous drug delivery system loaded with theophylline for controlled release|
|2007||Niraj Kumar||Preparation and evaluation of microspheres loaded with antianginal drug for controlled release|
|2008||Venkataraju, MP||Preparation and evaluation of locust bean gum based drug delivery|
|2008||Aravindram, A.S||Preparation and evaluation of microparticles of eudragit and ethyl cellulose binary blend loaded with antiasthmatic drug for controlled release|
|2009||Gourav Kumar Sharma||Preparation and evaluation of gelucire based matrix pellets loaded with anti hypertensive drug for controlled release|
|2009||Sowjanya, A S||Preparation and evaluation of HPMC and eudragit microparticles loaded with diltiazem hydrochloride for controlled release|
|2010||Gowrav, M.P||Preparation and evaluation of mixture of eudragit and ethyl cellulose micro particles loaded with ranolizine for controlled release|
|2010||Nawaz Mohammed||Preparation and evaluation of microporous drug delivery systems.|
|2010||Nagendra R||Preparation and evaluation of micrparticles by spray drying techniques.|
|2011||Abdul Nayem||Preparation and evaluation of Diltiazem HCl microparticles by using blend of biodegradable polymers for controlled release.|
|2011||Vineela S||Development and evaluation of phosphate cross linked guar gum microspheres for improved delivery of anti cancer drug to colon.|
|2011||Harplani Naveen||Development and evaluation of porous pellets loaded with indomethacin for controlled release.|
|2012||Jaydeep desai||Formulation and evaluation of injectable in situ gelling matrix system for controlled release.|
|2012||Sushma Reddy||Formulation and evaluation of omeprazole magnesium delayed releasetablets using Mups Technology|
|2012||Chekuri Singa Raju||Formulation and evaluation of colloidal emulsion of oil soluble vitamin in pre filled syringes|
|2012||Gowtham Vangela||Formulation and evaluation of fastv acting nasal sprays for treatment of active migrane|
|2012||Vikas Kumar Gupta||Preparation and evaluation of In situ gelling matrix system|
|2005||Afifa Bathool||Development and evaluation of porous membrane pellets of disopyramide phosphate for sustained release|
|Academic year||Name of the student||Dissertation Title|
|2010||Mohammed Shuaib Khan.||Development and evaluation of oral vaccinations for enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli infections|
|2011||Mohammed Nawaz||Development and evaluation of porous pellets using modified polysaccharides as a release modifier|
|2011||Chandrika Mahendra.||Identification of potent topical antimicrobial agents from Indian medicinal plants|
|2011||N.K Sharathchandra.||Chemical investigation of certain naturally derived emulsifiers for topical applications|
|2011||Rohan Deshpande.||Development and evaluation of bilayered tablets for improvement of glucose tolerance in Type II diabetes mellitus patients associated with dyslipidemia|
|2011||Ganesh Muguli||Standardization of classical ayurvedic dosages formulations of high market value|